chapter 11

~~~ Love and hurt are adjacent to each other. ~~~

^^^ penthouse balcony ^^^

* * *

"Mr.Richard wishes to have breakfast with you in the balcony downstairs in an hour, Ms.Kiara." Matt said as an automatic robotic voice to me.

So now he wants to talk with me.

Last night was the most hazardous night of my life, I was not able to sleep because all my thoughts were running like a horse in the race but the only unfortunate thing is, the race of my thoughts does not have any end. It was a disaster to me. Every veins in my body was just thinking about him, his amazingly stunning eyes, his sophisticated talks, his secrets, his hidden merry nature, his sexy stubble, his trademark dark clothes, everything about him.

The last thing I ever wanted to do in the world is to feel like this. Like you have your heart but it beats for someone else. I decided to keep this feeling buried in my heart, because I am here for only 3 years for a professional purpose, not for all this stupid infatuation.

"Yes, so I finally made a full proof plan, I will stay here for 3 years, work go back to India and just live happily alone. No Christopher, no more of this feeling, just nothing. Okay.? Okay." I said to my reflection in the mirror and went downstairs to face my worst fear.

Fresh morning breeze attacked my face as soon as I opened the glass door of balcony. My eyes shrinking itself as the bright fresh morning sun rays were making their way through clouds. Chirping sound of birds were melody to my ears. I walked till the railing, closed my eyes and inhaled the freshness causing me to relax a bit and stop the unwanted train of my thoughts.

"Great view, isn't it.?" I turned around opening my eyes. There he was, standing in his trademark black clothes, which were doing injustice by hiding his muscles. His hairs were messy, not properly made up like always. His skin was glowing in the sun, all I wanted to do was run my hand on his stubble and feel his lips over mine, again.

"Ms.Kiara.?" He snapped his fingers in front of my eyes and I woke up from day dreaming of devouring him.

"Yeah...sorry.... yeah, its a great view." I said clearing my throat.

"Shall we.?" He asked holding the chair for me. I just nodded to his response. How can he act like this, like nothing has ever happened.?

There are various fruits, milk and oats for me where as bacon, omelet, toast, orange juice and tea waiting for him. I wanted to reject his breakfast proposal but I needed answers of his behaviour and this is the only way I can get one. While he was preparing his plate I took my time noticing him. He seems tired, his face had a tint of sadness, his eyes were not glowing bright, like it did last night when he asked me to dance. Is he ill.? Is something bothering him.?

"Are you feeling ill Mr.Richard.?" I cant help but ask.

"No, I am perfectly fine. Thank you." He said with a fake smile.

Liar. No you are not fine Christopher.

"Okay." I said taking a slice of apple.

"I have called you here for a specific purpose Ms.Kiara." He said and just by listening to this words my heart stopped breathing.

"I can sense that." I told in a small voice. Gulping down some of my milk.

"Please,do not interrupt in between let me finish at once." I just nodded at his cold voice not even making any eye contact with him.

"Good, so about last night..." He cleared his throat while cutting bacon with knife and continued
"Whatever happened last night was just an... attraction of that very moment. It does not symbolise any thing. I have a protocol of not having any relation with my employes rather than professional and I am totally intended to follow my protocol. My apologies if you felt something else but it was just... a moment of infatuation, nothing else." And my heart broke into millions of tiny pieces.