chapter 2

~~~ Love is composed to a single soul inhabiting in two bodies. ~~~

^^^ Channing Tatum as Christopher Richard ^^^

* * *

It was 11 am and I was siting nervously in my cubical. Various thoughts were going in my mind that why she have called me in my manager's cabin so suddenly.? Am I  getting fired..?? Well, till I remember I didn't did any dreadful activity, than why..??

"Kiara" Saloni my manager called me inside...I hope its good.

"Here." was all she said in an happy voice and handed me a brown colour envelope. I wonder how she manages to be this blissful every time.?

"Open it." She commanded and I did with my trembling fingers...

"What...how ..?? " were the only two words came in my mind. She smiled.

"Congratulations dear! You are been promoted to our big firm as a head HR manager with an increment of Rs.20000 per month and you start next week." She said with a big smile on her face.

"You are serious right.?" I asked not believing. I have done my MBA in HR and I am working in a small firm from last 3 months with adjustable salary, I didn't thought I will get promoted so fast.

"Absolutely dear, come on now, back to work you might have got promoted but I am still your superior for 5 days let me enjoy this." She told and I laughed and moved out. Oh my god! I was so happy can't wait to tell this news to my family and friends. I can't wait to go home and surprise them.

Ring ring...ring ring...

Why I always get disturbed in my happiest moment.!

"What." I snapped at who so ever the caller is.

"Hello may I speak to Ms.Kiara Malhotra..?" A professional voice said.

"Yes speaking, how may I help you..?" I also tried to stay professional.

"Ma'am I am calling from The Richard Company and I am really honoured to convey you the message that you are been selected for the interview in our company." I guess I woke up on a good side of bed today.

"You mean The Richard's." I asked still disbelieving.

"Yes Ma'am." but then it strike me...

"But I didn't remember applying for any of the post over there." I asked with confusion.

"Ma'am, we got your name through a reference." What more am I suppose to say. The Richard company was the 3rd largest organisation in the world. No wonder everyone knew about it. People die to be a part of that organisation. Their business was in every firm from telecommunications to construction. You name the firm and will find Richard's in there rooted perfectly. They provide their employees with the world's best facility from a business class plane ticket to a room in five star hotel, and I got a call from that company I definitely am the lucky one.

"....so ma'am..?"

"Sorry...I didn't got you can you please repeat what you said ?"

"Sure ma'am, as I was saying you have been selected so our head want you to come for an interview tomorrow at 8.am." My work starts at 9.30 I hope till then my interview will be over and by the way who takes an interview at this early hours in the morning.

"So ma'am can I confirm your arrival?" He asked.

"Yes.." was all I could say and the line went dead. I wanted to ask about the post but till than the line went dead.

Okay so let me recollect it. I got a call from The Richard company and just got an increment. Should I go for the interview? Of course I should, whats the harm in it right? and if they can offer me more salary than my current one it will be my golden chance.

At 8.30 in the evening when I reached home the mouth watering aroma of my mom's delicious food hit my nose. I just entered into heaven.

"Mom I am home." I said loudly so she can hear me.

"Get changed real quick your dad will be home soon we'll have dinner together." My mom said from kitchen.

"And where is my sweetheart little brother, Kabir?" I asked looking around.

"Must be laying somewhere in the house." Mom replied annoyed and I laughed, he was always a headache for her. Leaving my mom alone with her complains about Kabir I moved towards my room. My room was small and cozy filled with the picture of Vivaan, mine and Tia's. Above my night stand wall painted with light blue colour. Oh! And this room was not entirely mine. I share it with my sweetheart brother who is 17. He is totally cute and adorable with black hairs, like mine and brown eyes and just like grinning like an idiot I sat on my small bed thinking about my uncountable sweet memories we created in this room. I looked around in my room noticing the walls like I was doing it for first time when I and my brother completed painting it and just like that my eyes went besides nightstand. There was a big poster with 'bucket list' written on it and my phone buzzed...

"Hie Vivaan." I told him cheerfully.

"Wow someone's happy...so whats the news." he asked and I can imagine him raising his eyebrows in excitement.

"Its a surprise for tomorrow when we meet." I said and can hear the disapproving groan.

"That's really not done Kiara." I rolled my eyes at his child like behaviour.

"Why did you called, don't you have some animals to video or take pictures of." He laughed at my sentence.

"No, right now I have some models to video" what.!! Why is my day is filled with surprises.

"But I thought you are a social photo..." he cut me off.

"I am just helping one of my co-worker, anyways I called you to ask that we are meeting tomorrow right.?"

"Of course Vivaan." I confirmed.

"Yeah just wondering, because Tia is not entertaining me." and I laughed,  they always fight.

"Don't worry, we will drag her out of her files if needed." and I heard 'hey Vivaan your models are ready.' On the other side of line and I giggled.

"Go Vivaan your models are ready." I teased him.

"See you later Kiara." He said and line went dead and my mind went back to my bucket list which I wrote when a teenage girl...

*To make my mom and dad proud of me.
*Have my own house.
*A long vacation with Vivaan and Tia.
*Want to get totally drunk and party till noon.
*Sleep beneath the stars.
*To kiss in snow.
*To travel abroad.
*To have a gay friend.
*To ride a motorcycle.
And lastly
*I want someone by my side holding my hand when I complete all my lists.

I was just 17 when I wrote this but still I wanted to complete it except the last one. last one was a curse to me...forget it, I don't want to ruin my mood by thinking about it. I shrugged my shoulders leaving that part of my life and went to take bath, wore my pajama and stood in front of my mirror stroking my wet hairs and taking a look over myself. I was a typical Indian girl with raven black hair coming till my waist, black eyes matching my hairs. 5'7 in height, a flat stomach with some curves on my body. No, I am neither fat nor slim just some where in middle, I guess.

"Kiara dinner is ready." called my mom and I went away from mirror towards kitchen. Later that night I told both of my good news and my family was really happy specially my dad. His eyes told that he was proud of me and that made me more happy. My sweetheart brother harassed me for some money for some of his party, as usual, and just like that my day ended happily.

* * *

I could have made this better. I will try my best as soon as I get time, I swear. A guide's promise.

Anyways let me know what you feel about this chapter.

Random thought : What if you got a free gift voucher to travel to any 3 countries/state/city in the world, for free where would you like to go.?

Difficult to choose, isn't it.?

Thankyou.

Abookdiva