chapter 3

~~~ Absence is to love what wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small and inflames the great. ~~~

^^^ Yourself as Kiara Malhotra ^^^

* * *

"....this way Ms.Malhotra." said a lady in her 40's. Breath kiara you will be fine...its just an interview and you are not doing this for the first time. I said to myself.

"Have a seat ma'am you will be called soon." she said and walked away. I was siting in Mumbai branch of Richard company and it was amazing, with clear atmosphere, valid infrastructure and ambiance, far more better than the firm in which I am currently working in.

"Ms. Malhotra...." that same lady said.

"Kiara, please call me Kiara." I politely replied.

"Of course, Kiara, this way please." She said.

"Sure" I nodded. We walked a little and I was in front of a large glass door. This is definitely good. I already like here.

"All the best." She said and went away before I can even thank her.

I rubbed my hands on my cream pencil skirt, making sure that there are no wrinkles so I don't make a fool of myself on the very first day looking like a zombie. I took a deep breath and knocked at the door.

"Come in." An authoritative voice called. I have heard this voice some where before. Brushing that thought off I walked inside, hardly took two steps and was stunned to see the person exactly in front of my site siting on a black lather chair with a wooden table in front. He was siting like a king on his throne. I was rooted at my place. His amazing pair of silver familiar looking commanding and authoritative eyes were looking at me with a devil smirk on his face. I am sure my eyes were wide like a globe. It cant be true...it really cant be...

"You." was the first thing accusing my index finger at him. I told still in shock. "Yes, me Ms.Mal-ho-ta-ra please have a sit." That man said and this man was none other than the same tourist I had an unpleasant encounter on marine drive. But the point is, what is he doing here.?

"Kiara will be fine, thank you." I told not expressing any emotion on my face. I hope I was doing it finely.

"Of course Ms.Kiara why don't you have a seat. I assume we have business to discuss." he said with a devil smirk.

"I highly doubt that." I hissed silently and sat on the opposite side of the wooden table. All he did was just smirk.

"Where are my manners I am Christopher Richard, CEO of The Richard company and one of the board member holding 75% of shares." he said extending hand towards me and providing me the only portfolio he had, and that was enough. So he is the CEO as well as the owner of the company. I am guessing that I wont be getting job here anymore and that was the sad part because I really wanted this job here. Working in a big multinational company was my dream and now I can see my dream fading away fast, very fast. I extended my hand for a formal hand shake and tingles passed through the contact, his hands were warm and soft...just snap out Kiara he is egoist person.

"Lets get down to business." I said in my weak voice.

"Why, of course. As you see Ms.Kiara the dreadful activity you performed two days ago was highly disrespectful, for me, so I wanted to pay you back with a wonderful reward." He said in a professional yet sarcasm dipped voice.

"As you see Mr.Richard.." I tried to mock him and continued "I practically did not disrespected you I just wounded your fake ego and I am very well sure that you have not called me here just to make me understand how dreadful activity I performed two days back." I said. It was a smart comeback.