Impending Doom

Saranya

"Hope you have been well taken care of, Danish?" The Queen asked the devastated man sitting opposite to her, with rhetoric concern. "I had specially asked my people to make sure you don't face any problem in your new presidential suite."

Danish looked up at the Queen blankly. In the last five minutes, the Queen had appeared in the interrogation room and apart from the wolf, all of the guards had left the room, locking it from the outside. The beige room with no escape had turned more intimidating with the Queen's presence and a living killing machine by her side. For some strange reason, the Queen was calling his little bird's wolf 'love'.

As soon as the Queen took a seat opposite to Danish on that large armchair, Danish had been pleading to her to let him know why he was here.

The Queen decided to ignore him and pour all of her attention on her slave wolf. "Are you alright? You can leave anytime." She was constantly questioning the wolf about its well being. Only when the wolf's soft growls made her sure of its well being, she diverted her attention towards Danish.

"Will the Queen please let her faithful follower know, what wrongs has he committed unknowingly?" The Alpha asked the Queen once again. The last one and a half days had taken a heavy toll on him. Never in his life, he had felt so helpless. He knew, no one could do anything to save him if the Queen decided to fuck with him. However, he could not think of any illegal work he had done recently which could trigger the Queen.

"An acquaintance of yours, who is also a trained mercenary, had a chance to get one of the cells in this prison on his name," Saranya answered while checking her freshly manicured nails casually. "He told us that you had paid him to assassinate my mate?" Saranya lifted her eyes and looked straight into Danish's eyes.

Danish was clueless. He recognised the man Saranya was speaking about. He knew him. The man was the best in his field. But recently he hadn't contacted the man for any of his dirty works. And the Queen's mate? Who was she speaking about?

"I don't have any idea, ma'am..."

Those words were barely out of Danish's mouth, the wolf stood up and growled at him. Her feral behaviour made Danish flinch. "No, little wolf. Now is not the time," the Queen warned the wolf gently. She placed her right hand on the wolf's back. The wolf quietened down reluctantly. If the Queen hadn't been beside her, it must have attacked the Alpha.

At that exact moment, Danish noticed the lack of restraints around the wolf's neck.

It is a free wolf. When did it happen? Danish gulped. He was having a weird feeling about all these. His worries came true when his eyes fell upon the large wolf's neck. There was a small wound around the left side of the wolf's neck. Two small bite marks were still visible. Danish didn't take much time to do the maths. His eyes widened when the realization hit him.

Saranya was silently relishing the horror which was getting visible in Danish's face. When Danish looked back at her with wide eyes Saranya greeted him with a grin. "I forgot to introduce you to my mate. Well, I think any introduction would be redundant. As you are familiar with the girl whom you molested when she was a child and later continued to chase her and her father which resulted in..."

The wolf snarled loudly, cutting off Saranya. Its bare canines were aching to tear the man down. "No," the order came again. The Queen with now black callous eyes and elongated canines lisped at her mate. "You have my word. But now's not the time."

The wolf with its large golden eyes moved its head to glare at her mate. The animal counterpart had always been impatient and impractical. Though it listened to its mate.