Children of Gods

Saranya

I remember in school once Shaon had borrowed my favourite mechanical pencil for his Geography Practical works and when he lost it in some stupid pen fight, it had made me nuts. But even after being completely out of my mind, even after trying very hard — I couldn’t convince myself to be mad at him. 

I mean if it had been someone else, that pencil could've caused a mayhem. But with Shaon I was just sad. When I had asked my mother why couldn’t I be angry over Shaon — she told me because I truly cared for him. And when you cared for someone it became kinda hard to stay angry with them for a long time.       

And the next day when Shaon brought a sorry card and chocolates for me, I forgave him within a second. Even if he hadn’t brought those things for me, my decision would have remained the same. It was a couple of years later, when I actually understood the reason behind my feelings towards Shaon. It was not only caring — there was another feeling I had for Shaon. 

That was love.          

When Nina was deliberately ignoring my text messages and Rizwan's call I was truly furious with her. By midnight I was actually on the verge of exploding. And like a true douche, I was even considering to sabotage her rights to even step outside the mansion. 

But all of my anger died in a second when I noticed the helplessness in Nina's eyes as Danish was speaking to me. I wasn’t angry on her anymore. She just made me sad. And moreover, the sadness was there not because of Nina's irresponsible behaviour. I was heartbroken to see her in distress. 

That was all that mattered to me right then. Nina was sad. She was in pain. Nothing else. And that was when I realised that maybe I had fallen for Nina even more intensely than I had for Shaon. And I could even fight the Gods for Nina, if needed. 

Later, the way she lashed out at me, in my own room. Even then the only emotion I felt were concern and worry. My restless wolf actually calmed down when she slammed me against the wall. It was like...my wolf was high on her wolf's aggression. Her wolf, who had been too much passive for so many days when finally took over, my beast was aroused beyond any level. I felt it. Nina's beast made my beast so calm, so relaxed. 

And angry also. From the moment Danish tried to claim Nina as his own, my beast along with myself was vexed enough. The sudden appearance of Nina's wolf just ignited the fire by a thousand times. 

Something must be done. I was well determined. Even after Nina asked me not to take any sudden step against Danish — as much as I know myself, I was pretty sure that I would end up breaking his neck or at least a couple of bones in the next few days. 

But… but the amount of energy Nina's wolf radiated last night, I was pretty surprised and overwhelmed by that. Honestly, I haven’t felt such powerful and pure energy even from an Alpha wolf for so long. 

It made one of my doubts even stronger — there is something unusual about Nina's wolf.      

But the most overwhelming part of last night was when Nina opened up to me. After the encounter with Danish, even though my tongue was itching to ask her about all the matters — I waited ; which was quite unusual for me. And when she opened up to me, on her own — I felt so special. It was like… I actually meant something to her too . 

The only things which seemed odd in Nina's past were the identity of her mother and the death of her father. 

Who is her mother? And how could she or her lineage be so powerful that even after being a hybrid Nina carries so much power?  Is her mother actually dead?