Arrangements

I woke up early the next day.

Opening my eyes, I found myself lying diagonally on that large bed, covering up nearly two thirds of the bed alone. And half lying next to me was the dreadful and arrogant Queen, curled up in the remaining place left on the right side of the bed.

Her fingers were tangled in my curls, she probably had fallen asleep while stroking my hair. Silently untangling her fingers from my hair, I got down from the bed. As usual, I was stark naked and Saranya was in a navy blue housecoat. Stretching my legs, I noticed the time. It was five thirty in the morning. That meant it still had two hours left before again getting beaten up by teenagers.

Picking up my sweatpants and t-shirt, from the floor, I tiptoed to the washroom, trying not to wake up Saranya, who was soundly sleeping on the bed, after finally getting all of the space for herself.

In the washroom mirror I noticed, though the purple marks on my neck were still visible, they had started to fade away. I was silently hoping that they would disappear completely before the next day.

When I came out of the bathroom, I found Saranya wide awake on the bed, her eyes were fixed on me.

"Do you ever sleep?" Noticing her getting out of the bed I asked her. "I am again borrowing your robe, hope you won't mind."

Ignoring me she got out of bed and started to check her phone, "if you want, you can use my kitchen. It's still an hour left before the servants wake up."

"Thank you," I was really wishing for a cup of tea, when she brought the talk about the kitchen. " Would you like some tea?"

"Black tea, with two sugar cubes," informing me, Saranya went for the washroom.

I realised I was also having tea after a solid week.

"You could have woken me up, you know!" I placed her cup of tea beside the bedside table," I am not habituated with sharing bed with someone. I must have caused you discomfort... "

Saranya was blow drying her hair, when she glanced at me curiously through the mirror, " haven't you slept with your boyfriend?"

"Yes," I chuckled listening to her, "I have slept with my boyfriend and some other people, but I've never shared a bed with someone after having sex. Either Kabir or I used to move to the sofa for the rest of the night when we were done."

"I used to feel suffocated. In fact you are the first one with whom I have shared a bed." Sighing, I diverted my attention to the cup of tea kept on the table and wrapped my fingers around it to feel the warmth.

"Interesting," I noticed satisfaction in Saranya's brown orbs after hearing my confession, "you were in deep sleep last night. So I decided not to disturb you unnecessarily."

"Have I done the same on the night before today?" She didn't answer my question, though I was quite certain about the answer.

I had terrible sleeping manners.

Sipping the cup of tea Saranya relaxed on her bed. I thought now she would ask me to leave. But instead of asking me to "fuck off" she asked me to open a cupboard. Inside it, was my bag and other belongings, which I had with me on the day of my abduction.

"Take them," Saranya's eyes were on me. "You'll get your phone after we'll be done with other arrangements ." Sipping some tea Saranya added, "now you may leave."

Finally. How to politely say fuck off!

That day, I found out Aslaam had been assigned to train me personally. My thoughts about somehow defeating a teenager to have Saranya immediately turned to ashes.