Meeting

Nina

The large hall on the second floor, which Saranya had given me a glimpse of on the day she was giving me a tour of this place was unlocked for that supposed to be a very important meeting in the evening.

I was in my room, busy finishing my pending office work and emptying a large bag of potato chips when all of a sudden Saranya dropped in my room. And of course, the first thing she had to do was to crinkle up her nose to express her great dismay at my condition--- my fingers full of potato chips' seasonings typing furiously, pressing the keys of the device lying on my lap, hair bundled up in a messy bun and a half-burnt cigarette somehow stuffed inside the already overflowing ashtray.

"What ?" I asked, putting another two chips in my mouth. Saranya rolled her eyes at my indifference about her presence before me in a neatly ironed pastel pink linen shirt and navy blue trousers. "Haven't I informed you about the meeting you are about to attend with me?" She grumbled, having a seat at the edge of the bed.

"Oh!" I muttered. The meeting stuff had actually gone out of mind. "Give me a second, your majesty." I laughed, finding Saranya rolling her eyes once again at me as I licked off the peri-peri seasonings from my fingers.

"You are yet to inform me about the reason for the meeting being held." Coming out of the bathroom, I found Saranya going through my closet. She picked out a mustard coloured blouse from there and handed it over to me. I could feel Saranya's hungry gaze burning on my back as I was pulling myself out of the t-shirt which I was wearing so long.

"David's Alpha has finally decided to pay a visit. The members of 'North's Pack' are here. They had signed a treaty with me briefly before their pack members decided to commit such barbarism. You can say it's their last chance to fix the disputes." Saranya said while helping me to get my arms through the sleeves of the mustard blouse.

"The Alpha should be punished severely, for misleading and manipulating those kids." Saranya raised her brows at my suggestion.

"I have rarely seen you be so aggressive." She smirked. Flattening down the crinkles on my blouse with her hands, she sighed "about the authenticity of David's allegations--- I still have some doubts. The Alpha doesn't seem like a woman of such beliefs. And further, I really doubt---even if she is the one behind all of this chaos, she would have been more crafty. She certainly had not allowed her name to slip out of the tongues of those boys. The mastermind is someone else."

"Wow." I was genuinely surprised seeing Saranya praising someone so openly. Fixing my hair to make it look less wild, I clicked my tongue. "The woman must be a badass then. You rarely speak so highly about someone. By the way, are you going to release David?" I asked.

Saranya stealthily moved behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "You look so beautiful in yellow, sunshine." She hummed kissing the top of my head.

"Agh!" She laughed as I made a face. "Don't ruin my hair. And answer me!" I huffed showing mock annoyance.

"I don't know, little wolf." her brown eyes were studying my face through the mirror. "It depends on his Alpha's behaviour tonight. And even if I let him go, I doubt his Alpha would keep him alive or not! She has a reputation for being an extremist too."

"Ask her to leave the kid alive?" I pleaded, turning around and meeting her eyes. "I know, you have lots of power. Use it here?"

"Blackmailing me, little wolf?" Saranya laughed when I rested my head on her shoulder and pouted. "I'll see. What can be done about the kid."

Myra was waiting for us near the staircase which led to the second floor. "Hurry up, your highness." Glaring at Saranya for once, Myra began to climb the stairs ahead of us. "You are running behind time. And because of you, even your subjects cannot go inside and grab a seat."