Skeletons in the Closet

Nina

He was clearly expecting a man. Instead, Saranya was standing opposite to him, with my hand into hers.

"You were asking for me, sweetheart?" Saranya asked him with her usual 'fake' and 'intimidating' sugar-coated tone.

Kabir kept standing silently for a while. It took his intoxicated brain some time to register all of the shocks. Saranya also didn't utter a single word - rather she waited patiently for Kabir to speak first.

Maybe if Kabir leaves, he would be spared. Maybe if he keeps his mouth shut, Saranya will not harm him.

I decided to try for the last time. Gaining my remaining courage, I requested Kabir once again. "Kabir, please don't make a scene." But Kabir was so dumbfounded by Saranya's presence by my side that he nearly flinched listening to my voice. Slowly he shifted his attention to me.

"You want to meet the person I am currently with; you know her now. Please..." Saranya's grip around my fingers tightened suddenly. I paused sensing it.

"Noooo!" Saranya's prolonged 'no' accompanied with a scoff, made me gulp. "Let your friend say, what's in his mind? I've heard, he wanted to meet me for a long time?"

Supporting himself on his wobbling legs, Kabir finally smirked. Saranya raised her brows understanding that Kabir had found her indirect threat funny.

Of course, he would. Because he doesn't know who you are and what things you are capable of.

"So, a sugar mamma, huh? Back to pussies?" Kabir's scornful gaze found me immediately as his dark cigarette stained lips curved into a wide grin, "Nina. Nina. Nina. Such a talented gold digger."

I couldn't protest. I was too busy muttering "Please, don't kill him. Please..." to Saranya. And she was completely ignoring me. As soon as the word 'gold digger' came out of Kabir's mouth, I sensed the rapid change of temperature around me. The coldness around me was nibbling my skin like a thousand needles. I could almost feel Saranya's fingernails digging into my flesh. The always active volcano inside her was just about to erupt.

Kabir is not going home unharmed. I was almost sure.

Getting no verbal response from any of us, instead of being disappointed, Kabir's enthusiasm rose only.

"Nina, how's the feeling of fucking your crush? What are you even getting paid for it? Private car, bodyguard... What else is she giving you in exchange for licking her pussy?" Kabir took a step forward, now standing eye to eye with Saranya. Those words were more directed towards Saranya than me.

How could an engineer who used to always stand first in his batch, be so dumb was beyond my understanding?

"Mind your word." A frisson of fear and nervousness swept over me, as I heard Saranya's growl. Instantly, my grip around her hand tightened, silently pleading her not to break Kabir's neck.

"Oh! So mamma cannot take insults?" Sneering at Saranya's growl, Kabir laughed and shook his head. "Tell me, Miss, how much do you pay her hourly? What's her rate? I could've given you better service, I can assure you."

Saranya's cold gaze was still on him as he also kept looking at her in a challenging way. For me, it was like waiting patiently for a time bomb to explode.

But this time, his direct attacks towards Saranya made my blood boil. Saranya could be anything, but she certainly didn't deserve to listen to such filthy words for no reason. Kabir's problem was with me, with my happiness. Then, why should Saranya be dragged in between all these?