Know Your Place

*Wednesday Evening*

"Fuck it, call Myra." Renee was practically pleading. She was anxiously pressing her temples with her index fingers and thumbs , pacing the room, panic was visible on her face.

Sohini had never seen Renee to be so desperate, so hopeless and so afraid.

Her condition was also kinda same. She was leaning on the headboard of her bed, half lying, not sure about what to do.

"This is the only option left," she whispered," the girl could have died today! And Saranya is planning to drag her in between those animals again. She will surely die tomorrow. Rehan and his sidekicks will tear her up, at first chance. Sohini, don't let Saranya fuck herself up again. If the girl dies, I don't know what will happen to Saranya! "

Panicking frantically, taking desperate measures, impulsive decisions had always been Sohini's department. She had always seen Renee to be a calm and composed strategist, keeping her cool even during the most vulnerable situations.

"You know about Nina?" Sohini's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes, from the first day, even before you, when Saranya asked us to bought her and she left the auction hall abruptly . I just kept the information to myself." Renee was still trembling, the images of Saranya's glowing pitch black eyes and glasses of the window panes shattering into dusts were still haunting in her mind.

"But...but, Saranya won't let her die. We know that right? We know that? " Sohini herself was not even sure, after that very day's unfortunate events. She was breathing heavily, attempting to calm herself down.

"You are just unsure like me!" Renee snapped, "we can't let this happen."

"I am calling Myra." She snatched the phone from Sohini's lap.

Sohini was still very unsure, her eyes were full of uncertainty and fear. She was silently watching Renee, dialing Myra's number. After a very long time, she was actually fearing Saranya.

It's like , Saranya is determined to dig her own grave!

Myra. Their last hope.

Her shaky hands reached out for the box of cigarettes kept in the table beside her bed. She was about to light one, when Renee's equally trembling voice took away her attention.

"Hello? Myra? Yes, Renee. Here...here's an emergency... "

------- -------

*Tuesday Morning*

So, the Queen left me alone, in between one and a half dozens of wolves, confirming my status in her life.

I was desperately wanting to escape from the place. So many wolves, with predatory eyes and bared canines, roaming freely in the large ground. Some of them were shifting to their human forms randomly, laughing, chatting with each other like it was so nornal.

I was feeling suffocated among them. They were threatening me unknowingly, I could feel the panicky sob growing inside my throat.

"Calm down. No one will touch you here." Suddenly I felt a strong and warm masculine hand on my shoulders. I gulped the sob quickly.

Idris was there, beside me.

"I know you are feeling vulnerable and unsafe here. If I had been in your place, I would have feel the same." He assured me with a smile , patting my shoulder affectionately.

"But they all are friendly..."

"Father, all of us are waiting for you." Rehan inturrupted us suddenly, " training this slave girl will be nothing but wastage of time. I doubt even will she able to shift or not!" Rehan glowered at me, sneering crudely.