Photographs

Saranya

Myra

What was she doing here? She was supposed to be in UK right now! And there she was standing in front of me, with her signature smirk plastered on her face. She must have been informed. By either Sohini or Renee.

"What? I had expected a little warmer welcome from you! And here you are ; if looks could burn someone into ashes!" 

I hate her smart mouth! 

I could feel Nina's surprised gaze fixed on me. Obviously, she must have been trying to figure out the reason of my silence in front of this new woman. 

"I am extremely jet lagged!" Throwing her purse on my bed, Myra went for my closet. "Your dudes will take at least an hour to ready my room! So I am going to take a bath and relax here until afternoon. Then I've to fetch the twins from their grandma's." 

"Obviously, if you prefer to land unannounced, how can your room be ready?" Was I grumbling? Absolutely.

"Now think of the reason which made me leave my Art Exhibition, and land here taking the earliest flight!" Giving me a tight lipped smile, Myra's curious eyes fell over Nina, who was too astonished by our conversation. 

"You must me Nina! Right?" 

And here we go.

Nina just gave a confused nod. 

"Congratulations on being alive! You are indeed a horse of long race!" Myra was browsing through my closet. She pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. 

"Borrowing them!" she chirped out. 

Like I had the option to refuse. 

"Sohini, ask those dudes to send lunch for four in their Queen's room! You are having lunch with us!" Sohini was still in the room, leaning on the door frame, enjoying the drama. Myra's sudden command startled her a little. 

"No! No! I'll be having lunch in the dining room! I should go now! I'm asking them to send lunch for three here." 

Sohini was avoiding me as much as she could . She was on to it from the last evening. Her indifference and coldness had always irked me. This time was no exception! 

"It's an order!" And Myra headed for the shower. 

So, I was not the only one who tend to use her authority to bend anyone and everyone's will.

~ ~ ~ ~

Lunch was a quiet event at first. I was not much interested in eating, Sohini was uncomfortably nibbling her food. The only people who were actually having the food was Myra and Nina. 

"I heard you had slapped your mistress yesterday?" Myra dropped a bomb with her questioning eyes roaming over Nina. 

At that moment, I was just sitting still, maybe my fingers were rolled into balls of fury. But surely I was clenching my teeth, in irritation. And Myra must had noticed it, and enjoyed it thoroughly. 

Nina nearly choked after listening to Myra's question. Her gaze was fluctuating in between me and Myra nervously, not being sure about what to say. 

"I am taking your reaction as a 'yes' then." Myra's attention was back to the grilled chicken on her plate. "If you can keep up with your current record of disobedience and bravery , you and I can be new best friends!" I could see the trace of smirk lingering on her face. 

And, yes, I just kept quiet, rubbing my temples with my fingers, my head was resting on the headboard of the arm chair. 

"Sohini and Renee thought that you wouldn't survive today!" Myra looked back at Nina after taking a mouthful of chicken.