The Prophecy: Part I

7th January

A couple of hours after midnight

The man was stepping back, understanding there was no escape from the Queen. The gun in his hand was out of bullets, all of his men were either dead or heavily wounded and the mad witch was more interested in catching up with her past flame. He was alone in front of a wounded and vindictive lioness.

While backing away from the vampire who was deliberately prowling at him to enjoy her last kill, the man continued to look around — for any kind of aid.

"No one's left to save you from me," the tall vampire lisped, taking another step forward. The man moved backwards subsequently, but, this time his back hit the brick wall.

There's no escape from the Queen, at the end of his life, Cyrus's words rang in his ear. The Queen can never be killed.

His fair face had turned pale, he was breathing rapidly as if to take in as much air as he could in his last few moments. His wide eyes couldn't believe that after all those attacks, the woman was standing straight. The only effect of the numerous injuries visible on the woman's body was her limping left leg. She had to drag her left foot while walking.

Noticing it, the man decided to take the last chance. From the corner of his eyes, he spotted the passage created in the middle of the half-broken wall on his right. The Queen had created it when she had hurled one of his men against the wall. It was large enough for him to escape if he could sprint towards it timely. In this condition, he had a faint chance to outspeed her.

The Queen was only a few steps away from him when he dashed towards the escape. A second later a formidable force collided with him and the next moment he was slammed to the ground. On the top of him was the tall woman, her hands were around his throat and she was grinning devilishly through her bloodied lips.

"You killed her, didn't you?" she hissed. Her fingers around his neck tightened like a noose. "You fucking power-hungry bastards, you always take away the people I love..."

Her right hand released his throat for a moment to slap him across his face. The force of her palm made his head turn leftwards. He groaned out in pain. But his eyes caught the sight of a silver knife lying on the ground, close to his reach before the Queen forcefully made his face her by his chin.

"You tried to harm my family...the kids..." the noose around his neck tightened. He was having difficulty breathing.

The knife is probably coated with one of the old wolves' venom, he was trying hard to keep his head clean. It was probably dropped by one of his men before the Queen killed him. He tried to close his eyes to concentrate, to be able to smell the venom. But a punch right on his nose made him cry out in pain.

"I am sorry," he groaned as genuinely as he could to distract the woman whose face was hovering over his. "I didn't mean to..."

The woman was taken aback for a moment. Without thinking further he extended his hand to search for the dagger, keeping his eyes on the woman. He knew the venom of the old ones couldn't kill the tribrid but sure can weaken her significantly, especially as she already had so much of it in her blood at that moment. Some venom coated bullets were still inside her, many wounds had been repeatedly stabbed.

His fingers brushed against the cold handle of the dagger, which he would aim at her heart.

— —

5th January, 2:00 pm

What are you doing?

Saranya was relaxing on her bedroom's balcony, sitting on a couch and playing Candy Crush when a text message from Nina appeared as a notification bubble on her smartphone's screen. A smile made its way to the Queen's plump lips as she closed the game and opened the texting application.