Freedom?

"Kabir Dasgupta ?" Myra hunched over to have a proper look at the picture kept in the file Saranya was busy looking at, "Who's he?" 

"Nina's," Saranya answered dryly without taking her eyes off the file. 

"Ex or present?" Raising her brows in interest, Myra took a long drag of the cigarette before flicking it on the glass of the coffee table to get rid of the ash.    

"Not sure about that," Saranya finally closed the file and handed it over to Myra, before getting up from her armchair. 

"He's hot," Myra mused,  inspecting the file with interest. 

"You find anyone with a beard and glasses hot." Glowering at Myra, Saranya placed the ashtray on the coffee table with a 'thud' and went back to her seat. " I never knew, irritating me could be someone's hobby." 

"Thank you, your highness." Myra's eyes were fixed on the file. 

" Alcoholic.Abusive. Manipulative. In just a week he had been in Nina's office twice, had visited and threatened the girl whom you’ve fixed at Nina's home thrice." Myra was busy flipping the pages, "numerous calls and texts, despite being told by the girl and Nina's boss that she is out of station…" 

Myra finally closed the file with a huff. "Is he still alive or you have done the auspicious job?"

"What… no...of course he's alive!" Saranya rolled her eyes in disbelief, " as much as I want to end him, it certainly wouldn’t serve me any good. The dick can actually be useful. For comparison purpose… Nina should know that she will be having someone far more superior and better than that dickhead!"       

"Narcissist. Alway plotting and scheming. Control freak. Such a better option our journalist is getting!    " After being done with cigarettes, Myra flicked it with her thumb and middle finger before finally disposing it in the ashtray. "From where did you get so much shitloads of info about him?"  

Saranya chose to ignore Myra's first comment. After last night she was not in a mood to argue with anyone. Plus, arguing with Myra would have been futile, anyday.       

"From the guy who trafficked Nina. He has a good relationship with the neighbours of Kabir." Saranya informed Myra proudly. "The old couple who told him about Nina, were the same to tell him about the inside news of Kabir."

" I see.Had always been alcoholic, turned into an addict from the past few months, had tried to physically abuse Nina… " Myra's eyes were getting widened as she proceeded through the file.

"Now tell me the real reason behind keeping him alive?" Myra looked back at Saranya confidently , "after all these, It's quite hard to believe that you’ve kept him alive for your own purpose. You have promised Nina? Haven’t you?"

"Kinda!" Scratching the back of her ear, Sarnaya admitted shyly, "they have been together from their college days. He was her senior. After her father's death, he was the only one to support her emotionally…"

"... she still cares for him." Saranya sighed, " the guy is pretty manipulative. I've seen his texts on Nina's phone. One moment, being high on alcohol   he was blaming Nina for her father's death, then… as soon as he was sober, somehow he would convince the girl to come back to him. Toxic."

"You are a better option. Any Day. Maybe an evil option, but a better option! " Myra finally closed the file, " about Nina, what have you collected?"

"Nothing much. She had always been a reserved person, doesn’t have many friends… that's all.I had once thought, digging a deeper about the wolf stuff and all, but later decided against it." Saranya told Myra quietly, " let her be ready to share her secrets with me…I am ready to wait. "