Trouble

Saranya

That same warm fuzzy feeling.   

Again.

Like dozens of butterflies were roaming inside my stomach.  

It was not the first time I was feeling so. I was familiar with this feeling. I had felt the same for the beautiful sharp eyed boy in my teenagehood. Which lasted for nearly a decade ; before everything shattered into pieces.    

It was just after my mother's death. Her whole coven was here, in this mansion. I never knew she had so many followers ; so many adorers. All of witches and warlocks were divided into two groups, busy debating over who should take her place. One group was advocating for me whereas according to another, a fourteen years old hybrid would be completely unfit to run a coven.  

Their debate was turning into a heated and aggressive argument , when Shaon's father had intervened, to keep everything under control. It was decided that he would be looking after the coven until I would be ready to run the matters by myself. 

Well, I had heard all of these things from Shaon later. Because when one of the largest coven of witches and warlocks were busy discussing the worthiness of their future leader — that newly orphaned future leader was busy crying curled up into Myra's arms in a corner of her mother's room. Well, Shaon was downstairs for the entire time; beside his father, carefully listening to the council members. Maybe from that moment, he had started to plot his future claim over the coven. 

Who had known it at that moment! 

Shaon was a couple of years older than me. I had always had a crush on him, from the school days.  That thing just magnified by a thousand times when I felt my wolf for the first time. It was just three months after my mother's death. And needless to say, it worsened the political stability of my father's pack even more. 

After my father's death Idris's father used to look after the pack. After my wolf came out, I started to train with him and his sons. Maybe just like Shaon, from that very moment Idris's elder brother had started to dream for his claim over the pack secretly. 

The only difference between Shaon and Farooq was, Shaon started to consider me as a threat to his path of being the high priest much later. Whereas Farooq had began to count me as the largest hurdle on his path to become the Alpha from the very beginning. 

Well none of them mattered now. The only thing that mattered was both of them were dead. 

Maybe it was all my fault, to get indulged in Shaon in such a hurry and hopelessly. After all, I was a wolf. The way I felt for him, it was normal for him to not feel for me such intensely.  Witches and warlocks had always been more discreet and less emotional than us. They never felt the things the way we felt. But the way he used to reciprocate to my affection , it still made me think otherwise.

But, now here I was. Busy committing the same mistake. Falling for someone with the same intensity, even a little more intensely than the last time.  

But Nina was different. I had actually started to accept that. Myra was not wrong. She was indeed different. Different than Shaon — in a good way. Maybe she would try love me with the same intensity, if I open up to her.              

I had already started to feel that, I wouldn’t be able to hold my stoic composure in front of her much longer. It was my time to break in front of her. I would for sure, I just need her to defeat Aslaam. And the way she was improving, it was becoming a matter of days. Physically, Aslaam was no competition to her. I need her to be strong, self sufficient. I didn’t want her to be only recognised as the Queen's mate. She was far more than that. Her wildness deserved much more than such an ornamental title.