Blood-Line

Paula was feeling uncomfortable. It was like, something was not quite normal.

Is Danish already home? She thought for once. Unlocking the main door of the two story building, Paula heaved a sigh of relief. The drawing room was completely empty. There was no sign if Danish was around. Just a maid was arranging the dining table.

Looking around nervously, Paula rushed towards the staircase. Reaching upstairs, she kept walking while hurriedly looking through her purse, for the key of her bedroom.

Still, the uneasy feeling was bugging her mind.

Finally finding the key when Paula was about the put it in the keyhole, the door opened. She found one of Danish's men on the other side. He moved aside and motioned her to enter. Gulping, Paula entered, taking small steps, until Danish was completely visible before her, lazily waiting for her on a recliner.

"At last, her highness finally got time to visit her servant's hut." Paula was greeted by a big wolfish grin. "May I know where have you been?" Danish said tapping his fingers on the arms of the recliner.

Paula gulped, knowing where the whole thing was going.

She shouldn't have trusted Danish's men to keep her secrets, she thought. Of course they would be more loyal to their Alpha than to his human half sister. From the corner of her eyes she found Danish smirking at her. He was waiting for her answer.

"I...I just went...I need..." Paula stammered, not knowing what else to say.

Danish laughed, shaking his head, at Paula's failed attempt to find a suitable reply. "Actually, I know where you have been." Getting up from his chair, Danish started to take small steps towards Paula. Stopping just beside her, he tsked at her, mockingly. "What did you think sister, you would make secret plans with my men and they won't tell me? I'm their bread giver..."

Paula flinched sensing Danish's large hand sliding through her hair and then grabbing a handful of them and pulling them back forcefully to have a clear view of her pale face.

"What should I do to you baby sister?" Danish whispered menacingly. Paula gritted her teeth , sensing another sudden tug on her hair. She knew what would be coming next. She had been enduring all these for the last seven years. Danish still blamed her for helping Moheen and Nina escape. And with blaming came abuse.

Knowing it was time to shut herself off from the outer world, Paula closed her eyes - in an attempt to block Danish's verbal abuses. For the last few years, it had been the only way of her survival. Slowly Danish's growls and shouts started to fade away from Paula's mind. She started to focus on the surrounding. A cell phone was ringing, someone coughed, another person picked it up...A sharp smack fall on Paula's cheek, the stinging pain was burning through her skin. She knew even more was to come ; so with gritted teeth and closed eyes she started to distract her mind even more forcefully.

A man was on the phone...very cautiously...

"Sir, the Queen's Alpha is on phone. Idris, wants to speak to you."

And the much anticipated next slap didn't hit Paula's cheek. Slightly opening her eyes Paula noticed Danish's facial expressions to change. Snatching the phone from the man, hastily Danish held it close to his ear. "Idris, brother. What a nice surprise. Last day we didn't..." But something from the other side of the phone made Danish pause in the midway.

"What?" Paula noticed even the nervous smile fading from Danish's face. "Yes, she's here...Okay."

Quickly glaring at Paula Danish moved the phone away from his ear and put it on speaker. Paula was still trying to comprehend the sudden turn of events.