13

"Okay, ass heads," Jackson spoke and we turned to him. "New plan. Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?"

"He's right," Scott said. "Tell him the truth if you have to. Just call him."

"I'm not watching my dad get eaten alive," he said quietly, walking past.

"All right, give me the phone!"

Jackson lunged for it, but Stiles elbowed him in the face. I grabbed Lydia's phone, starting to dial a number.

"Who're you calling?" Stiles asked after getting his dad's voicemail.

"Alex," I replied. "He'll call Olivia." He picked up. "Alex. Alex, it's Lucy. Listen to me. No time for questions. We're trapped in the school. Lucas is injured. Get Olivia, and preferably the whole of the Sheriff's station, and save us, please."

"Lucy," he said. "Wait, is it the- "

"Yes!" I nodded and I hung up.

Scott and Stiles picked Lucas up from the ground just as the chairs and carts started to rattle and move.

"The kitchen... the door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell," Stiles suggested an exit.

"Which only goes up," Scott reminded.

"Up is better than here," I said, turning around to leave.

We went up one floor and I tried one door. Luckily it was unlocked. We got into the science classroom and locked it from the inside. For extra measure, Scott placed a chair under the knob.

There was a distant growl. We steadied our breaths and I placed a hand over Lucas to muffle his groans of pain. The shadow passed us slowly then went away.

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" he asked.

"Six if someone squeezes on someone's lap," he answered.

"Six?" Allison questioned. "The three of us barely fit in the back."

"It doesn't matter," Stiles spoke. "There's no getting out without drawing attention."

"What about this?" Scott asked, walking to the other door. "This leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

"That's a deadbolt," I told him.

"The janitor has a key," Scott said, hopeful.

"You mean his body has it," Stiles corrected.

"I can get it. I can find him by scent, by blood," Scott tried to convince him to let him go.

"Well, gee," Stiles began. "That sounds like an incredibly terrible idea. What else you got?"

"I'm getting the key," he said determinedly.

"I'll come, too," I told him.

"Are you serious?" Allison doubted.

"Scott can't go alone," I told her. "I was taught all about hand-to-hand combat. If Derek comes, I can fight."

"Someone has to get the key to get out of here," Scott added on.