34

It had been four months since Jackson nearly died and Peter Hale was resurrected. Four months since Gerard had fled. It had also been two months since I last saw Issac and Derek... They were too busy trying to look for clues to Erica and Boyd's disappearance.

Summer went by in a flash. By the time I knew it, our junior year would begin. Before everything that happened, we had planned to move back to Washington after Olivia helped solve the case. Since everything happened, Olivia agreed and we didn't move.

Allison was... We were better. She had come to our house one day before summer break. Honestly, after what happened - her mother trying to kill me, hunters that her grandfather had led to try to kill me, and her being with them and injuring many of my friends, we hadn't spoken much. Until she came knocking. It went something like this:

"Can we talk?" she asked.

I nodded, letting her inside. We talked in the living room. It was an awkward silence for a while until she spoke ten minutes after she arrived.

"We're gonna be juniors," she said. "And we haven't really talked since... "

"Since your uncle devised this whole plan to kill us and you went on a revenge strike?"

"I wanted to apologize for my actions... " she said slowly. "I hurt you and your brother. I- "

I sighed. "It's fine." I smiled at her. "If I'm being honest, if I had the chance to stop Peter from killing Kate, I don't think I would stop him... "

"It's just when my mother died... "

I was about to tell her what really happened, but I swore to Scott I wouldn't say anything. He didn't want it to be the last memory she had of her.

"I get it," I nodded. "I do."

Over summer break, most of my time was spent with Lydia and Stiles. Allison went away to France for the break. Scott was in summer school to earn some last-minute credits to come into the junior year with us. Stiles was free on days where Scott would be at school. We'd hang out once in a while. Most of his attention was on Scott for he was hit hard after the breakup.

I currently sat in the back of Lydia's car. She took me out of the house to this "group event" though I knew it was anything but a group event. So did Allison.

"It is not a triple date, it is a group thing," Lydia corrected.

"Do they know it's a group thing?" Allison asked. "I told you I'm not ready to get back out there."

"You were in France and didn't do any dating for four months?" she asked.

"Did you?" I challenged. "I mean, after- "

"Do not say his name," she told me.

"Is he okay?" I asked. "Did everything work out?"

"Well, the doctors looked like total idiots when he turned up alive, but everyone got over it," Lydia replied. "And yes, Derek taught him the werewolf 101, like how not to randomly kill people during a full moon."

"So then you've talked to him?" Allison asked.

"Uh, not since he left for London," Lydia replied, looking ahead.

"You mean since his dad moved him to London," I said.

"Whatever, he left," Lydia said quickly. "And seriously. An American werewolf in London? Like that's not gonna be a disaster."