56

"So, when did you get there?"

We were being interrogated by Scott's father. No, not the sheriff or Olivia. She was standing in the corner and Sheriff was sitting behind him at his desk. It was Scott's father. I knew he was doing his job, but he was just irritating to have to deal with.

"At the same time," Stiles replied.

"At the same time as who?" he asked.

"At the same time as me," Scott responded.

"By coincidence?" he questioned.

"What do you mean 'coincidence?'" asked Stiles, which didn't help our situation at all.

"That's what I'm asking you," Agent McCall said, trying to keep cool. "The two of you arrived before them, then at the same time you two arrived. Was that a coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles replied.

"I think he's asking the both of you," I chimed in. It had already been thirty minutes inside the office.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," he said irritably and exhausted, making a mistake in his words. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles nodded.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" he asked, looking at me.

"Well, because he was an electrical engineer," I answered, looking at the others. Their eyes told me to be cautious of my own words. "So, where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there," he told me, suspicious.

"Yeah, what can we say?" Stiles replied. "We take after our guardians - they're both in law enforcement. My dad's the sheriff- "

His father coughed, sitting straighter. "Guys, just, uh, just answer the man," Stilinski told us.

"I figured that Barrow was gonna finish what we wanted to do," I explained. "Issac and I went to every building in Beacon Hills, anything to do with electricity."

"What were the two of you doing?" Scott's father asked Scott and Kira.

"Eating pizza," Scott said as Kira said, "Eating sushi."

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi and pizza," they said simultaneously.

He scoffed. "You believe this?" He looked at Stilinski.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak," he answered. "But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" he asked.

We all looked at her. "Yes," Kira replied. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no," he said. He grabbed the bagged evidence and gave it to another officer on the way out. "Kira, Deputy Thompson is going to take you home, but we need you to fill out some paperwork first."

"I'll, uh, make sure she gets home safe," Issac offered.

Olivia nodded, but before we left, she grabbed his arm. "Remember I can get access to bullets dipped in wolfsbane from a new friend of mine."