48

"Can you check it?" I asked Issac after my phone beeped.

He took my phone from the middle and I told him my password to unlock it.

"That's not good," he said.

I glanced at him. "What? What's not good?"

"Allison thinks her father's doing it," he explained. "That he's the Darach. She's gonna try stop him. Oh, he sent a pin."

"Is that just informing me of their stupid plan or is this asking for backup?" I questioned, though I knew the answer. I sighed. "Damn it... "

"We're going, aren't we?" Issac spoke. I nodded and he heaved a sigh.

"Not up for it?" I challenged.

"As long as it's with you, I'm good," he said, smiling at me.

I let out a light laugh, turning to the front. I shifted gears and began to drive to the large building. As we got closer towards the building, it was confirmed that they were there. Allison and her father's cars were parked up front.

"That's not right... " I trailed off.

"None of this feels right," Issac muttered.

"No, no, I mean, if Argent was really the one doing these sacrifices, why would he use a car?" I questioned. "They've got security cameras all over town. Someone would have seen something or been suspicious."

"What are you saying?" Issac asked.

"It's not Allison's father," I told him.

"So why is he here?" Issac asked as we got to the front.

"I have... no idea," I sighed.

"Stay close to me," he said, walking in front of me.

I scoffed. I took my pen and clicked it. It extended into my staff. I raised it to hit him, but with his swift moves and enhanced hearing, he had grabbed Thorn. I bumped into him, then I locked my foot around his and he tripped. We both fell and as we did, I grabbed my bo staff out of his grip and held it at his neck.

"Who says I can't defend myself?"

He flipped me over and grabbed my wrist of the hand that was holding the staff, preventing me from using it.

"Okay... " I gulped and exhaled. "Okay, point taken. They might be stronger than me."

His grip on my wrist loosened. His eyes strayed away from my eyes. He was extremely close to me. It was silent and we were both panting. My stomach did another flip.

"Could you, uh, get off so we can- "

He caught me by surprise. He pressed his lips against mine as his other hand cupped my face. I gave in to the kiss. I put my hand at his neck, pulling him closer and he took my upper half off the ground.

Thunder sounded, pulling us apart. A bolt of lightning came down. Issac hovered over me, and our shadows then faded as the light disappeared.

We pulled away and I looked up. Alex crossed his arms and Allison had a happy and teasing expression on her face. Issac quickly stood and helped me up.

"What are you doing here?" Allison asked us.

"I called them," Alex explained. Allison turned to him, betrayed. "If we're not calling Scott, we should have backup. If it is your father, he has gone killing people. He's got guns, especially those with iron bullets... but I didn't ask you to come here so you could- "