38

We had a problem. A serious problem. Derek and Scott were out looking for Boyd and the other girl, who happened to be Derek Hale's younger sister, Cora. Made me wonder just how many he had in his family.

Alex came back, thankfully unscathed. But he had also brought back some bad news. For one: Allison was there and it was revealed to her what her mother had done to Scott, Derek, and me. Two: Erica was confirmed dead.

On the way home, l heard an ear-piercing scream. I put my head down, closing my ears. It was a familiar scream - Lydia's scream. Alex had turned to me and stopped the car.

"What is it?" Alex asked.

"Lydia... " I said, looking back up. But then I heard her scream again. "Lydia... "

"What about Lydia?" he questioned.

"I hear her screams," I said, uncovering my ears.

I unlocked my phone and texted Lydia. She replied to me, pinning me her location. I gave it to Alex and he drove to the public pool of Beacon Hills. Stiles was also there.

"Lydia?" I called, stepping out of the car. "Lydia? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," she nodded. "How did you know? How did you know something was happening?"

"I heard you," I replied. "Your scream... " I trailed off, seeing the blood on the ground. I looked at the lifeguard's seat. "Question is why did you come here?"

"You called the police right?" I asked, stepping further away from it. Lydia nodded. "Okay, uh, call Scott."

"... Throat ripped out, blood everywhere," Stiles explained. "It's like the freakin' shining over here. If two little twin girls come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised... Make sure it was them? Scott, who else is going around ripping throats out?" He looked at me and put the phone down. "Scott wants you to make sure it's them."

"He wants me to... " I looked at the body. "He's gonna owe me... " I stepped closer to it to take a look. "Yep, he's is gonna owe me."

I inhaled and blew out. I shook my hands out and stepped closer to the chair. I placed my hand on the chair and closed my eyes. After a moment, I retracted my hand and stepped away.

"What did you see?" Stiles asked and I accidentally bumped into him.

"I - I don't know." I turned to them. "It just didn't feel right."

The sirens grew loud. The police came and each of us was taken for questioning. Olivia took Alex and me. We could tell her everything - the whole story - and she would believe us.

"I'm sorry," she chuckled with a weak smile. "Back up. This... pack- "

"Alpha pack," Alex corrected. "The Alpha part is important."

"Alpha pack," she continued. "They took Erica and Boyd and kept them from shifting for three full moons?" We nodded. "Erica died... And you tried to save them - stupidly, by the way - and now they're on a killing spree?" We nodded again. "So this kid was attacked by them?"

"We think," Alex answered. "I mean, they were attacked by something... or someone."

"I couldn't see who it was," I explained. "There's definitely a possibility it was a werewolf."

"Okay, maybe I don't got the hang of this." She ran her fingers through her hair. "Um... how did you find the body? At eleven? At night?"