Over Time

Melanies POV

3 months later

"Mom," India walks in. I wipe my tears and sit up.

"Yes baby?,"

"Are you okay?,"

"Yeah why wouldnt I be?" She climbs into bed next to me.

"I never seen you like this," She grabs my hand.

"Im fine baby thank-,"

"Mom," she looks at me.

"Its okay to cry," I hold in my tears and try not to cry anymore infront of India.

"No im fine really,"

"Mom how long have you been saying Im fine, when you arent. Its okay to cry and be upset its human," She wraps her arms around me. "I can be your August mom," she smiles at me. Thats it Im going to cry. "I wont cheat though," I laugh and hug her back. "I love you Mom,"

"I love you too," I just hold my daughter in my arms.

***

"Nice job India!," I look at her as she surfs. She sits there and waits for another wave.

"Mommy Logan is walking!," I look down at him and he walks over to Adrian.

"Oh my gosh! Good job baby walk to me," He smiles and walks over to me. "Good job!," I pick him up. "Your first step!," he smiles and laughs.

"Now we just have to get Ariel to walk," Ariel starts to cry.

"Dont cry," she pouts her lips and reach for me," I take her into my arms and hands Logan to Adrian. I rock her in my arms and see her getting tired. "Someone is tired," she snuggles into my arms. I look around and see someone running with no shirt on. What a douche. But he does have the body for it. Blue basketball shorts, sweating his ass off. He gets closer and I slowly realize who it is.

"Mel?," He stops running and stands next to me.

"Zaire hi," Damn he looks good.

"How are you?,"

"Im fine, and you?,"

"Im alive so thats great," I nod.

"Running in this weather its really hot,"

"Hey that means I burn calories more,"

"You are right," He smiles.

"If I wasnt mistaken it seemed to me that you were staring at me," He smiles.

"What no, I was looking over there," Lies. He lighly chuckles and looks up at me. Smirking and staring at me. "What?," I laugh.

"Its just you look so beautiful, everytime I see you get more and more beautiful," I blush.

"Thank you,"

"Adrian my man,"

"Sup Zaire," They do a handshake. "You still remember it?,"

"Of course," Adrian smiles and plays with Logan. "Wheres August, I see he doesnt have you on lockdown,"

"Excuse me no, like I said I can do whatever I want whenever," He raises his hands in surrender. "Wheres all your other girlfriends?," he laughs.

"Oh you wanna go there." I shrug and he smiles.

"Funny, I dropped all of them once you left me,"

"Kelly the supermodel too," Zaire smiles at me.

"Yes even Kelly the supermodel,"

"Hm, dont believe it," I look at India. "Nice one baby!," I cheer.

"What you think I cant be tied down to one woman,"

"If the shoe fits,"

"I can be tied down and settle down. Done it once before I can do it again,"

"Why did you and Kelly breakup?,"

"Unfaithful,"

"Point excatly," I put Ariel in her carrier and put a blanket over.

"So you never answered my question, where is August,"

"Why does it matter?,"

"What did he do?," I shake my head.

"Nothing, I dont want to talk about it,"

"I understand," He stands next to me and looks at India as well. "Adrian want to surf," He turns around and his face lights up.

"Can I?!,"

"Yeah I have a little board you want to go out there,"

"No what if he gets hurt," I tell Zaire.

"Hes going to be out there with me hes not going to hurt," I roll my eyes.

"You want me to trust you with my baby boy,"

"You dont trust me?," He smiles.

"Mom he is a cop you have to its against the law," Adrian winks at Zaire.

"Yeah against the law you dont want me to arrest you?," I think of our flashbacks when I told him that.

"Fine, only 1 hour,"

"I'll bring  you a board too," he jogs back to his house.

"Yay surfing!," I look at Adrian.

"Its against the law," I tickle him.

"Mommy stop!," he laughs.

Short little something  something