Responsibilities

Melanie POV

"Harmony did you kill him?," I grab a towel and check his pulse.

"No he lost a lot of blood and passed out," she looks at him.

"Whats going on?!," The police walk in. They look at Harmony and handcuff her. "Everyone out, we just keep running into each other," he says to me. "So whats your story this time?," After I tell them what happened they instantly take her to jail.

"Melanie I want you to take care of my babies and fight custody. I dont want mom to have them. Melanie watch over them!," she yells as they close the door.

"What am I going to do August?," I look at him.

"Fight custody for your neice and nephew," I put my head on his chest.

"Its okay," he wraps his arms around me. I should be laying my head on Zaire and having him comfort me.

"Can you help me move the cribs and what not to the house? ,"

"Of course," I walk under the cautin tape and walk upstairs. The twins are balling their eyes out.

"Shh Ariel," I look at Logan. "Its okay Im here," I pick up Logan and Ariel. "Shh its okay Auntie Melly is here," I rock them. They look at me and slowly stop crying. "We are going to go home okay," I set them back down. "We need to pack all of this up,"

*

"Okay they are asleep on the bed," I turn up the baby monitor and walk into the living room.

"I havent put up a crib in 12 years," August says looking at the directions.

"You can do it,"

"Aww my number one cheerleader," I pretned to smile.

"KNOCK KNOCK!, " I open the door and see Zaire.

"Hey Melanie," he hugs me.

"Hi,"

"Whats going on?," he looks at all the baby things everywhere. "Did I get you pregnant?,"

"No I am taking care of my sister's twins for a while," August laughs.

"Shut up," he raises his hands in surrender and finishes the cribs

"So where were you earlier?,"

"I went home for a minute,"

"So when I called you over and over because I need your help-,"

"With what?,"

"I was about to go to jail,"

"For what? ,"

"It doesnt matter its handled, "

"Melanie for what?," August looks at me then back at the crib.

"Sexual harrasment,"

"Mel-,"

"My sister stabbed her husband who pressed the charges against me and she is now in jail. I am watching over her kids until then,"

"Damn Melanie Im going to head down there and see what I can do, "

"Thank you,"

"No problem," he leans in for a kiss.

"Mhmm you might want to hurry," I tell him.

"We will talk later," he walks away.

"Shut up," I cut August off before he even talks. I walk into the room and check on the twins. "Hey guys," Logan rolls around as Ariel sleeps. "Its just you?," he reaches his arms out. I pick him up and walk around. "Mommy will be back soon," he looks into my eyes and grabs my nose. "You took my nose? Thats mine, give it back," he smiles and hides in my shoulder.

"Mel, India and Adrian are on their way," August says.

"I missed them," I smile.

"Yeah," I start making their bottle. "Mel you okay?,"

"Yes, Im fine,"

"Melanie are you okay?," I sigh and look at him.

"No," I shake my head. "Im not," I put Logan down. "Everything is going down hill August,"

"What you mean?,"

"Do you truly think Im happy?,'

"Yes you seem happy with Zaire," I shake my head. "What?,"

"Besides relationship August. Do you think Im happy with who I am. Who I surround myself with? With what I do? What I"ve done? What happened to me?," I feed Logan. "Maybe I should just stop complaining because I cant do nothing about it right?," I look at Logan. "My sister let me keep her kids while she is gone, she left me with half of her. I promise nothing bad will ever happen to them,"

"Mel-,"

"I flew out here to get away from everything just for a week or two. Just to clear my mind. Im so consumed on keeping other people happy that I cant even keep myself happy. Everyone claims to be there for me but they arent. My sister she is always there for me. Everything she does for me is for a reason. But my dad gone. You gone-,"

"Im not gone,"

"August you are nothing to me. Everything I felt about you changed, "

"Wh-,"

"Im always there for you Mel," I mock his voice. "But your not, you left me-,"

"I know,"

"All my friends and even Zaire claim to always be there for me. Zaire couldnt even tell his mom that I was his fucking girlfriend. Girlfriend?," I sit down. "Nobody was ever there for me,"

"Now you  are speaking bullshit. I was always and will be there for you. When you broke up with your first boyfriend in 7th grade and couldnt stop crying. Who was there for you?! WHO WAS HOLDING YOU AND TELLING YOU ITS GOING TO BE OKAY? And now when you went to jail. NOBODY ELSE WAS THERE BUT ME! ME MELANIE! I may  have left you for someone else but I never left your side! IF YOU EVER NEEDED ME I WAS THERE FOR YOU! The fact that you are telling me that I was never there for you is a bunch of bullshit! I never left you Mel," he sighs. "And if you cant see that, then I just needed a long ass break from you," I just sit there. Thinking.  "Unfuckingbelievable," He grabs his keys and walks out.

Just a little quickie for ya ♡