27

Melanie's POV

"Yeah I can believe that," I tell Zaire cousins.

"Hes a real sweet guy, trust me," I drink my ciroc and lemonade. 

"Yeah he-," Zaire grabs my hand and pulls me to the dance floor. I laugh at him and dance with him.

"Oh check my baby out! ," he spins ne around. We dance along to the music and people start getting up to dance.

"Who knew you had moves like this?," he laughs and places his hand on my waist.

"Zaire, Kelly is here," Momma tells him.

"Alright, let me go get Tayla," he walks away and goes inside the house.

"You dont want to see Kelly?," Momma asks me. "Zaire told me what great friends you guys were,"

"Oh he did?,"

"Yes, come on lets go," she drags me out to the front.

"Kelly!,"

"Hi mommma," Kelly gets out of the car and walks towards us.

"You look great as always,"

"Thank you," Fucking shit she is beautiful.

"How is the modeling?,"

"Great, Im going to Paris next week,"

"Thats great, oh Kelly look who I found. Melanie," She smiles and look confused at the same time.

"Melanie?,"

"Yeah you dont remember her?,"

"Its been a while, I go through friends like I go through men," they laugh.

"Nice joke Kelly,"

"Mommy!," Tayla hugs her.

"Hi pooh, had fun?,"

"Yeah,"

"Zaire, I'll be leaving next week for Paris. Remember last time we were in Paris Zaire" she puts her hand on his chest.

"Yeah I do, like it was yesterday,"

"Okay, well Im going to head back," I say interuppting.

"Oh no I'll go, thank you for watching her Momma. I'll see you guys soon," she puts her in the car and pulls off.

"Momma!,"

"What its always something?!," she walks back to the house.

"Really like it was yesterday?," I ask Zaire.

"It was just a metaphor or-,"

"Metaphor my ass" He grabs my hand.

"Melanie she is my ex wife,"

"But your family thinks otherwise. Im just a friend and Kelly is your wife who seems to be my bestfriend. I mean its like your ashamed of me, are you?,"

"Are you done?,"

"No Im not done. I feel like I can never ever find the right one. Also, Im not dating your family Im dating you. So to be honest I dont care if they dont like me. They arent the ones I sleep next too. And," his eyes widen. "You cant even get over your ex,"

"Are you -,"

"Yes Im done,"

"1. I do not have feelings for Kelly, I have feelings for someone else," I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "And her name is Melanie," he grabs my face and makes me look at him. "2.I will tell my family that you are my girlfriend. Infact I will tell the world to keep you happy," I cross my arms. "Dont believe me?," he nods. "Oh alright," He drags me to the the backyard.

"Za-,"

"Everyone listen up! Melanie is not my friend. She is my beautiful girlfriend!," He yells to his family.

"Awe!," everyone yells.

"I cant believe you," I start smiling.

"You happy? This what you wanted right?,"

"Yes," he smiles and kisses me.

"Enough with the lovely dubbby shit," His cousin hands us drinks.

**

"Okay," I laugh and kiss Zaire bye again. "Bye,"

"Bye," he watches me as I walk away. I head up to my condo and I see August leaning against the wall infront of my door.

"August?,"

"Melanie listen," I look for my keys.

"Why are you here?,"

"I just need to know,"

"Know what August?,"

"Are you happy with him? Does he really make you happy?,"

"You came all the way from -,"

"Does he make you happy!?,"

 "Shh! You are yelling," I open the door. "Get inside," He walks inside and look around. I toss my purse down. "What do you want?,"

"Does he make you happy? Are you just doing this to make me mad?,

"Make you mad?, "I laugh to myself. "No August, I am happy. I am happy with Zaire, he makes me smile. He makes me feel confident about myself, he makes me feel loved,"

"I didnt show my love to you? I never loved you? "

"No August you didnt because if you didnt. I wouldnt be here, I wouldnt be here in LA. I wouldnt be with Zaire,"

"I loved you Melanie, I think I still do,"

"Miss me with that bullshit," I pour some liqour into my cup.

"Bullshit? Melanie look me in the eye and tell me you dont or didnt love me," I dont respond. "Unbelievable,"

"What do you want from me! YOU LEFT ME! YOU BROKE UP WITH ME FOR SOMEONE ELSE! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME AUGUST!? WHAT DO YOU WANT? WHY WAS I HERE IN THAT DAMN RELATIONSHIP!? HUH FOR WHAT? WHY?!,"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU AND I CANT STAND TO SEE YOU WITH SOMEONE ELSE!,"

"So its okay for you to be in a relationship with someone else but not for me. So your the only one for me?,"

"Yes Melanie,"

"No thats not how its going down. Im staying with Zaire because I am happy with him. He makes me happy for once in my fucking life,"

"I didnt make you happy," I just start drinking from the bottle.

"Why are you here?," I change the subject.

"Does he make you happy?" he steps close to me. "Does he make you feel the way I used to touch you like this?," he slowly rubs my butt and grabs.

"August,"

"Does he make you feel loved?,"

"August stop,"

"Melanie you arent happy with him," he leans in and kisses me slowly. The kiss gets hotter and he picks me up and set me on the counter. I come to my sense and push him back.

"You are drunk I can taste it on you,"

"M-,"

"You should go,"

"Melanie I have nowhere to stay,"

"Go get a hotel or go to your moms, but you cant stay here, "

"Melanie please,"

"August leave please," he walks out and I close the door behind him. I sigh and grab the bottle and walk to my room.