First step to a new life

Melanie's POV

"Everything okay?" Justin asks me as I walk in.

"Yeah everything is fine, he just had a funk" I set my stuff and and walk over to him. "But I'm happy to be home" I reach for his hand and he pulls it away. "Now what's wrong with you?"

"Why did you run to his side so quickly?" Justin asks me standing up.

"What? He needed me" he shakes his head.

"You don't get it,"

"Get what J?"

"He was putting up an act just to see you. Just so he can try and get back at you," I look at him crazy. "look at me all you want but when I have been with a woman like you for that long. And we suddenly just break off, I'm going to try anything and everything to get her back" I walk over to him.

"Baby I am with you, not August or anyone else. He needed my help so I helped him. It was nothing more but that" he doesn't look at me. "J,"

"He still loves you Mel. He's not going to let you go, you need to realize that" I shake my head.

"But I let him go, and now Im with you," I wrap my arms around him.

"I just didn't like how you ran to his side,"

"If it helps I will walk," I laugh.

"See you don't even care," he shakes his head again.

"No no J I'm sorry. But you have to understand that August will always be in the picture. No matter what him and I go through, I'm going to be there for him no matter what" I grab his face and look at him. "You need to accept that"

"You shouldn't be running to his fucking side every time he pulls this shit again Melanie. He has Rita for that, he has a fucking girlfriend. He needs to hop off mine" he voice becomes stern.

"Can we let this go now?" I ask him. He turns back to me and lifts me head up.

"If your promise me that you will act like my girlfriend and not his,"

"Okay it won't happen again, I promise"

"Don't make promises you can't keep Mel" i start kissing his neck to shut his ass up.

"Mhmm," I reach up to his lips.

"I'm serious"

"Okay," I smile. "I'm serious too" he looks at me and chuckles.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me"

"Doing the best I can baby" I blush.

August POV

"What the fuck do you mean I don't know?" Rita starts yelling.

"I didn't do shit with Mel"

"Oh okay, then why d-" my phone rings and she's reaches for it.

"At chill back up with all of that" I tell her, I pick up my phone.

"Hello?" I hear Harmony.

"Yeah,"

"Hey are you busy?"

"Yeah let me call you back," I hang up and look at Rita. "What is wrong with you?"

"Wrong with me? I'm fine, except that my boyfriend is still in love with his ex wife," I look at her.

"I'm not-"

"Don't lie to me August," she sighs and starts to cry. "I don't think you understand me how it feels to love someone who doesn't love you back," I look at her. Damn.

"Rita-"

"No August you dont,I'm doing the best I can to fit into your fucking pop star life. I'm trying, fuck," she wipes her tears. "Melanie moved on, she's gone August. She left you! Accept that! God move the fuck on August. All I want is for you to love me August. That's all I want," I walk over to her. "Don't touch me" I grab her hand and kneel down. "August no"

"I'm sorry for being an ass lately. But I understand where you are coming from, I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you"

Melanie's POV

"Melanie come on!" Justin yells from the living room.

Okay I'm coming" I stand up and look in the mirror.

"Mel-" I walk into the living room and shut him up.

"How do I look?" I spin.

"Like a goddess" I blush and walk over to him.

"Come on handsome" we head out and he drives us to a basketball game. "I haven't been to a basketball game in a long time" he smiles and holds my hand. We sit down on court side of Heat.

"You hungry?" He eats some of his popcorn.

"Hmm on second thought," I dig his is bag and he laughs. "Thanks boo" we look our hands together. This is it, Justin and I. I am not ashamed, happy. No August. Happy,yeah happy.

"What?"

"I didn't say anything,"

"But you gave me that look," I roll my eyes.

"What this one?" I mess around with him.

"Yeah that one," he laughs and I lay my head on his shoulder. During the game, we laughed, and talked. Just enjoying ourselves. We sit there talking during halftime.

"Listen Mel," I look at him.

"Hm?" I slurp on my slurped.

"I- uh want you to know that I," he stops. "Melanie once I came back, the first thing that was on my mind was you. I uh saved this picture I took of you a while back" I smile at him. "When I was fighting out there, was damn near on my death bed. I pulled out that picture and just looked at you. You were my angel while I was gone Melanie. You watched over, you were there with me every step of the way. Being with you now is truly a blessing," he grabs my hands. "I thank God everyday for you Mel," he smiles at me.

"J," I bring my hand to his face.

"I got you something," he pulls out a long box. "It's a necklace," he shows me an all gold necklace.

"Justin I can't accept that,"

"You are worth it baby" I smile. I pick up the necklace and look at the heart.

"Thank you baby" he puts the necklace on me.

"You are welcome" I grab his face and kiss him. He makes me so happy. Gosh, I do deserve this man. I think I am falling for this man. Hard too, he makes me feel like I am wanted. I draw back and look at my boyfriend.

"You are so incredible," he shrugs.

"Yeah I know," I giggle and kiss him again.

**

August POV

"Baby," I wrap my arms around her and sway her in my arms.

"Yes?" I lay my head in the crook of her neck.

"I uh," she looks at me.

"What?"

"I missed my period," I widen my eyes and nod. "You are excited?"

"Uh yeah, just not ready for a baby right now,"

"August, we can start a family. This is exciting" she smiles at me. Be supportive August.

"That is great," she smiles and kisses my cheek. Fuck.