Being Mel

Melanie POV

I keep going, stroking. I come up out of the water for air. I hear someone call me name and I keep swimming in the pool.

"Mel," I stop and look up at August.

'Yes?,"

"Enjoying yourself?," I laugh to myself.

"It numbs everything out,"

"I know,"

"Come in here with me,"

"Na-," I splash him.

"Stop being a pussy," he laughs and takes off his shirt. "There we go baby;" he jumps in. "August stop," I laugh as he grabs me. We play around in the water like kids. I grab the noodle and start hitting him with it.

"Oh really thats how we are doing things?," he grabs me and dunks me under the water. I splash him with water and I grab a water gun. "Aye chill," he laughs as I keep spraying him. "Oh alright,"

"Wait wait no I was just playing," he dunks me under the water again,"

"Hmm," I laugh and walk into his arms.

"Nope dont try it Mel," he backs up.

"Can I have a kiss?," I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Melanie" he looks at my lips then licks his.

"Please" I grab his face and gently kiss his lips. I havent actually kissed my husband like this in what seems like forever. August's hands creep down my lower back. He slowly pulls me closer and kisses me longer and deeper.

"I've missed you," he mumbles against my mouth.

"How much?" he picks me up and holds my by thighs.

"Alot," I smile and kiss him. He fumbles for my bikini strap and pulls it loose. I take it off and he tosses it to the other side of the pool. I laugh at him and kiss him again. "Mhm I love you girl," he kisses my breasts.

"I love you too," I moan quietly and run my fingers through his curls. He licks and bites them. "August," I bite my lip.

"Mom! DAD!," India yells from upstairs.

"Our job is never done," He sets me down and I cover my self up. I walk across the other side and grab my top.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!," We rush upstairs and run to India's room.

"I just need to know Adrian, " My dad says talking to her.

"Dad why are you here?!," Adrian runs into August's arms.

"Mom he said you did things with Nick,"

"Get the hell out of my house!,"

"Melanie-,"

"GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK!," August yells.

"Im sorry," August hands me Adrian and he follows my dad out.

"Come on, lets go take a bath," I lead him to the bathroom.

"Mommy is it true?,"

"No baby he is lying," I start his bathwater.

"Okay," he sighs.

**

"I just cant believe my dad right now," I say walking out of the shower.

"I know, you good though?,"

"Yeah Im fine, " August changes the channel.

"Hows Adrian? ,"

"He told me he asked him if he knew what I was doing. And that I loved Nick and not you," August raises his eyebrows. "And if he knew that we had sex or not,"

"Which it wasnt because it was rape,"

"Excatly," I climb into bed.

"Baby,"

"Yes?," August sits up.

"I just want to apologize on my behlaf for not being there for you. I should have just stayed home,"

"August its not your fault. Nobody saw this coming," I grab my phone.

"I know but I should have been there. Its my job as a husband to protect you and I failed,"

"Babe it is fine. You cant always be there okay?,"

"But I should"

"August look at me. You werent there one time and something just so happens to have a bad tbing done to me. Its now where near your fault,"

"I just have this big guilt,"

"August its not your fault,"

"Thats not the point. The point is I should have been there for you while some fucky boy took advantage, " I put my phone back down. I scoot over to him and hug him. "Someone took advantage of my wife and I wasnt there to protect her," He holds me close. "I wasnt there to protect you,"

"Just never let me go,"

"I wont" he squeezes me tighter and I climb intop of him.

"I love you August,"

"I love you too Mel,"