Rwby Vol. 8 Part 5

--William's POV--

Down at the Dust mines as Amity floats above us, me and Penny were setting up some bombs to help the Colosseum in its ascension. 

Penny: William? | William: Yea? | Penny: This does not...seem like a very good idea. | William: Well, good ideas and best ideas are actually very different. We don't have much time for anything else, I'm afraid. Got most of the systems up and running with enough juice to keep the floating arena up there in orbit. Right now, the thrusters aren't powerful enough on their own. | Penny: Would you be able to carry the Amity Colosseum up there, though? | William: *chuckles* I may be strong, but not that strong, Penny.

William: Good thing though, all of this Dust should launch us to broadcasting range. Establish communications, activate the stabilizers, and spread the boosted message for everyone to hear. After that, put Amity high enough to keep it out of Salem's mess. | Penny: But, what if no one is able to come and help Atlas? If you stay behind, maybe-- | William: Hey. Pietro told you to not have this conversation again, yeah? He's right, and your Father. You and I need to stay up there in Amity. | Penny: *frowns* Yes sir...

Frae: Hm...do you think she'll have enough of people telling her what to do? | William: Eventually...

William: Let's go.

I grow my wings and we both flew out of the mines, heading upward to Amity as it starts moving into position.

Pietro: All systems are ready. Penny? (she walks toward his side) Amity is requesting launch access...now.  (A moment pass and her eyes glowed, successfully starting up the Colosseum as we cheered) | Pietro: Oh, I didn't have enough time to install seatbelts, so uh, I'd advice you to hang on.

Maria and I shared a laugh. She went over to the mech behind us and Penny helped her up. Suddenly, something exploded inside the Colosseum as fire sprouted from the bottom.

William: *runs to the edge and sees her coming up with an aircraft* Cinder! | Cinder: And where do you think you're going?

Pietro: Penny no...!

I drop down and land with my bo staff ready as Penny hovers above me again. More explosions were heard from below, but this time it was the bombs setting off inside the Dust mines. The Colosseum began to rise while dragging our bodies to the floor. Penny lay flat as me and Cinder crouched, glaring/smirking at each other.

Cinder: I was hoping your friends would be here, but it they left you two to do all of the work. (dozens of her Maiden swords starts appearing, stuck to the ground) Heh, you're just a tool to be used! | William: Heh. (starts summoning my own swords) | Penny: You do not know what you're talking about!

When Amity stopped going up, we all got up and sent forth our wave of projectiles. Most didn't hit and brushed past each other, making us either dodge or deflect the swords out of our way. Cinder kept summoning more and more until Maria stepped in and used her mech to cover me from the rest of the swords, halting Cinder.

Maria: Get away from them, you bi--! | William: Of course you have to cut her off. Penny, go help her!

I flew toward Cinder and activated the Maiden's power, clashing against the power hungry woman. Meanwhile, Maria got her mech knocked down and she was thrown out by...Neo if I remember correctly.

Ice and fire froze and melted part of the Colosseum as I flew outside, attempting to lower the damage as Cinder and I played a game of hit and run. She shoots arrows at me and I deflected them, only to be blown up right at the face. Fortunately it didn't phase me too much thanks to my inherent resistance to fire because of my Dragon form.