Chapter Four: all at the same time

A few days passed and-

"I think you got a but chubbier since I last saw you."

Is he seriously fat shaming me again?!

Pfft-

Zip it, Arthur.

"Hehe, you look pretty too, papa!"

Lily and Felix stared worriedly and in fear once she said that. The trio met Claude two more times in tea time. Every action they made or no matter how insolent and pert they behaved. He didn't kill them. So they relaxed a bit. However they were still scared but careful.

"Follow me."

Welp you didn't die.

Shut. Up. Athanasia said. Felix and Lily breathed in relief and so did they.

"I was on my was to the lake. Get ready and join me."

"Your majesty, I worry the princesses and prince being around water is... ."

"What's there to worry about when she's with me?"

YOU ARE THE REASON!

"B... but... ." Arthur pulled Lily's dress and smiled reassuringly

"Don't you want to join me?" Asked Claude.

"Yep, Athy and brother and sister wants to go with papa!"

"Really?" Claude lifted Athanasia and placed her on the seat and she looked like she could finally breathe. Claude looked at Arthur who was tensed up but then-

"You seem like you've seen a bear. Be less tense." He said. Arthur gulped and tired to relax and bit but he was surprised when Claude lifted him up swiftly and placed him next to Athanasia.

Lady but not least. Angelina was smaller than the two so Claude had waited in thought for a couple of seconds and he-

Carefully? Picked up Angelina in his arms and placed her on the seat between the two.

"Make sure to be careful with her." Claude said with a bit of warning in his tone. Athanasia and Arthur were surprised but nodded. Angelina had a tiny blush on her cheeks as she bout her lip nervously.

The boat then moved and a cool breeze went by giving Angelina a good moment to close her eyes and breathe in. Arthur did the same but Athanasia stared at the water. Claude stared at the two kids who were enjoying the breeze and had an amused look. 

"What are you thinking about?" Claude asked making Athanasia shy away- in fear.

"You hair is sparkly and pretty, papa! I like sparkly things! Hehehe." Athanasia giggled but inside she was dying. Arthur snorted and Athanasia nudged him with her elbow. Angelina opened her eyes and self consciously played with her hair. Claude glanced at her as she braided small pieces of her hair.

"You sister has my hair as well." He stated. Athanasia looked at Angelina who seemed like she wasn't aware of her surroundings.

She looks more like Claude. Especially her hair. Athanasia thought.

"Yes! Angel has pretty sparkly hair like papa!"

"That reminds me, you had a jewel pouch with you that day." Claude smirked. Athanasia winced.

"I kept your treasures safe and sound. Why don't you come over and retrieve them your self next time?"

As if I have a choice. Athanasia said bitterly.

Your fault, deal with it. Arthur said.

Angelina looked up to see Claude staring away from them to the water.

He looks like a Greek god. Angelina said.

Yeah, like a Puma. Both good looking and dangerously. Athanasia warned.

And of course he attracts women easily. Like I did when I was an idol. Arthur smirked.

Ew, no.

Keep that info to yourself Arthur.

Ya'll just jealous.

We're not.

Angelina then also stared to the water with her mind lost in thought and Arthur closed his eyes again and enjoyed the breeze. Athanasia, however, looked around and saw a lotus flower. Curiosity took the better of her and she reached out to the transparent lotus. Suddenly-

Athanasia fell into the water and the siblings flinched.

"ATHY!"

"ATHANASIA!" Arthur roared. Athanasia came out of the water gasping but something grasped her leg.

"H-help!"

Arthur suddenly had a panic attack from the way he died. He shuddered in fear as Angelina reached out to her sister but Athanasia stared at Claude who did nothing.

He won't save me.

No!

Angelina grasped her hand but she also fell in-

"Oh my word, Princesses!" Lily held Athanasia into her arms as Arthur was breathing heavily. Angelina looked up, not knowing what happened since it was so fast. She looked up to see Claude's hand dripping water.

Did he-

"Princess, are you alright?! Oh no, prince!" Angelina immediately ran to her siblings. Athanasia was with Lily so she went over to Arthur and calmed him down.

"Felix."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Teach Athanasia how to swim. It would be a shame if an Emperors daughter drowned to a death in a mere lake." With that he left.

"Princess, princess-"

Athanasia Cauthen and breathed heavily but Arthur calmed down as Angelina brought him to their sister.

"It's okay now, your highnesses." Lily held the children.

Later that night. The siblings were around Athanasia as she coughed quietly, she had a small fever.

"I'm sorry." Arthur said. Athanasia huffed.

"It's not your fault. Besides it's normal to have trauma from your death."

"But-"

"Arthur, you were having a panic attack. It's fine." Angelina patted his back.

"Need anything, Athy?" Angelina asked.

"... chocolate?"

"Why am I not surprised?"

"I'll be right back, then."

Angelina sneaked into the kitchen trying to reach for the tray of chocolate until-

"GAAAAAHH!" She saw someone behind her.

"Princess!"

Lily?

"Princess, your presence is requested alongside with princess Athanasia and prince Arthur."

What?

"It's an honor to serve Crown Princess Athanasia, First Princes Arthur and Second Princess Angelina." The hundreds of maids bowed.

What's happening? Arthur wiped his eyes as he yawned. Athanasia's as mouth gaped and Angelina simply stared.

"Felix Robane, at your service." He knelt down to on of his knees and bowed.

"I will be your temporary royal guard starting from today, my princesses and prince."

"We ... we are grateful for his majesty's concern but how could we have Sir Felix as a guard... ."

Yeah, I'm still dreaming'.

Want me to smack you?!