Ch. 102: spirit

"So you really did jump in of your own accord."

He did NOT JUST TRY TO FUCKING HIT JEANETTE! Arthur lost it.

Both sister were boiling in anger. Lucas placed his hands on Athanasia and Arthur's shoulders. Then said,

"Relax, your dad knows what he's doing."

As if dad doesn't have a history of killing innocent people. Okay yeah let's trust him. Angelina deadpanned.

"You were like a mad man begging to be killed." Claude stated. Anastacius looked nervous when he said that, his arms till around Jeanette but then he moved her behind him.

Is he really protecting her? When did their relationship change? Athanasia asked.

I don't know but, I have a bad feeling about this. Arthur slowly approached the brothers but they didn't even look at him.

"I saw you draw your last breathe, so I thought I'd killed you. But as time passed by, the more I questioned what happened ... were you truly overpowered and suffered death by my hand or did you have some motive in mind?"

Anastacius looked like he was getting dizzy.

"Thought seeing as how you've come back to life. It seems things didn't turn out the way you'd intended?"

Though iI don't know the full story ... I'd uncle really did jump on his own accord then does that mean he was trying to fight back against Aeterintas? Athanasia asked.

Most likely because the mana around him would turn on and off like a switch. Angelina said.

What does that mean? Arthur asked.

Imagine when aeterintas was possessing him, his mana around him would go black. But then it'd disappear and his own mana would appear. Like an on and off switch as I said.

No wonder Lucas couldn't sense him and neither could us. Arthur said.

Anastacius staggered on his standing form but then said.

"That's right, Claude. The turn is I never wanted our relationship to become so twisted but I was let astray by an evil spirit."

Aeterintas groomed him into hating his brother. Arthur frowned.

"While it's true I felt competitive towards you. I still treasured you as my younger brother. However, the evil spirit kept of goading me on, and slowly drove me insane."

Angelina narrowed her eyes. His mana was changing.

Claude's eyes were widened.

Guys ... get ready.

"Claude. As Kate as it is now, if you could forgive me ... ."

What-

"STOP HIM!" Angelina screamed, immediately forming a barrier with Lucas.

Anastacius or rather Aeterintas yanked Jeanette and threw her to Claude.

BOOM

"(Cough) what the- (cough) hell? Dad! (Cough)! Dad are you okay?!" Athanasia's eyes widened.

Arthur was holding Jeanette protectively in his arms as Angelina was behind Lucas who both saved them from the impact.

"Hey, you crazy son of a bitch. Did you just try to kill everyone?!"

"He threw Jeanette." Angelina said angrily.

"He was trying to use the chimera as a bomb. By forcibly making her mana go into overdrive, he was going to have her body explode." Lucas explained.