Chapter Forty Nine: Trouble? Maybe

"Very well then."

Claude was fucking PISSED. At the first two hours it was no. But then with much begging and insisting. He only let her go if she would take 8 of the best knights in Obelia. Angelina had to agree since it was the only way for her to go with Ciel.

The next day. Claude has a menacing aura around him, his hand on Angelina's shoulder. Keeping her close to him as possible. Arthur and Athanasia next to him.

Favoritism too much? Athanasia sighed. Arthur huffed.

Ciel bowed before Claude and to did Sebastian.

"We will take the absolute good care for your daughter, your majesty." Ciel promised.

"One strand of her hair, and you're not aloud to step foot in my kingdom." Claude wanted. Angelina laughed nervously.

"We better get going, now! We wouldn't want to miss the cruise. Bye, daddy." Angeline pulled Claude and kissed his cheek. She hugged Arthur and Athanasia.

Get us treats!

Have fun!

Don't get sea sickness!

I'll miss you!

"Bye, Felix! Bye, Lily!"

"Good bye, princess. Travels safely!"

"Don't have too much fun without us!"

Angelina waved. Finally got inside the carriage and soon enough they left. Claude scoffed.

"I changed my mind. Bring her back."

"Your majesty." Felix groaned. Athanasia and Arthur snickered.

"Daddy, she'll be fine. She has Flint with her."

And a Demon Butler. Arthur said. Athanasia nodded.

"Besides even though it's for three weeks. She'll be back before you know it!"

You make it sound as if three weeks days isn't that long, Dumbass.

Shut your mouth.

"Let's get inside. Dad you promised me you'd watch my training!"

"Alright."

"I'll come too!"

Claude and Athanasia sat down on the benches, near the training grounds. There was a stood for spears. A shelf for ropes, nets, arrows and tiny bombs. Another stood for swords and axes.

Athanasia then remembered a distant memory. She grinned and asked Claude.

"Daddy, do you remember the first time Arthur got hurt during training?"

Claude made a grumbling sound.

"I still don't know how he got me convinced to let him have sword training."

"Shall I refresh your memory?"

SHALALALA FLASHBACK SHALALALA...

Arthur's eyes were sparkling as he watched knights spar with each other. He would also watch the duels between other empires that come to visit. For fun the knights a would challenge the other knights from another empire for a duel. Watching them use their own skill, talent, technique and agility to defeat the other was Arthur's hobby from when he met Claude at age 5. He was now turning 7 and heard that boys and girls his age would start sword training and preferably become their profession, if they wanted to.

Once Arthur heard that he just had to join in as well. After all, Athanasia would be Empress and Felix won't stay young forever. There needed to be a new Captain of the Royal Guards and a great knight. So he took it upon himself and asked Felix if he could train him or at least teach him. Felix had told him he needed Claude's permission in which Arthur thought it would be easy since it's a normal thing for boys or girls his age to have interest in becoming a Knight.

Boy he was wrong.

"No." Claude said simply.

"Wha- why?! Papa, I really want to learn how to hold a sword!"

"You don't need to." Claude said as he wrote on the paper work.

"Papaaaaa! No fair! Boys my age are getting trained! Pleeeaaassee? I promise I'll be the best!"

"That's not what I want."

"Papa!"

Days later Arthur would whine or even nag Claude to let him start his training. Once Arthur was clinging on Claude leg like a leech and begging him.

"Papaaaa! Pretty please?! I promise I won't get hurt!"

"That won't be possible."

"Come on, papa! Felix?! Say something!"

"Your majesty, it could help the prince."

"By how."

"His highness has a lot of energy that simple kids play won't do. You know better yourself that he barely gets any sleep since he won't be exhausted at night?"

"So tiring him in danger is a good idea?"

"Training him to protect himself and using his energy for sword training is a good idea."

"Absolutely not."

"PAPA! YOU ASKED FOR IT!"

Days later Claude was in his office until he felt an uncomfortable gaze on him. He looked around but couldn't find where it was coming from until he saw a pair of jeweled blue eyes staring at his soul, literally. Arthur's hair was eyes were visible but the wide eyes were what made him uncomfortable. In silence he resumed his work but Arthur never gave up.

This shit went on for DAYS! Until Claude had enough. He was sleeping on his couch until, once again, he felt he uncomfortable feeling of being watched. He peeked an eye open and saw-

Arthur staring down at him with his eyes wide and a blank stare. The boy could be the next Annabelle or Chucky. Claude jumped by how menacing his son stared at him and yelled.

"Fine! Fine, I'll let you train! Now stop this nonsense with staring!"

Arthur's blank stare turned to a bright happy face and said.

"Thanks, papa! Felix! Papa finally gave me permission!" With that he ran out. Claud groaned and slumped back to the couch.

"That boy is too much, I swear ... just like you were." Claude smiled.