Carefully

It has been a day since his conversation with—his old fling, he could say.

Things have never been more uncertain to him. And, that bothered him.

"Stop fucking up my mind," Ralph uttered to no one, but it was for his so-called friends.

He groaned loudly as he ran his hands over his face from where he was lying down on his bed. He shouldn't have answered his phone last night, but he couldn't help feeling conscious when he saw his mother's name on his phone.

He just didn't expect that it was actually Angelo calling him. Who could have thought they would go as far to visit his family?

Not to mention, he also brought his boyfriend, Kim—who was also Kyle's twin brother.

An ex-fling called him, whose boyfriend was the twin brother of his current ex-fling.

Talk about complications.

He grew to love both of them as friends, but to actually deceive him—he felt cheated and stupid.

"Shit," he said, feeling lightheaded. Thinking about his friends was giving him a headache.

He sat up from his bed, leaned back to the headboard, and squinted his eyes from the sunlight peeking from behind the curtains. He adjusted the covers from his body as he scratched his chest and yawned, at the same time.

After a few moments of several heavy sighs coming from his mouth, he stood up from his bed. Nothing good was going to happen if he kept sulking all day. He made a decision to go away—to have at least control of himself, of his decisions.

Later that noon, he made his way to the same place he went for dinner last night. He didn't get to actually enjoy his food because of the conversation he had with Angelo.

But today was a different story.

"Hi, what would you like for today, sir?"

"Fuck me," Ralph whispered as he looked up at the same handsome man from last night.

The man looked confused as he waited for an answer.

"Uh," Ralph started to say as he removed his sunglasses and concentrated on the menu between his hands. "Scallops, please. And, I guess I'll work myself through that. Thank you."

"Subito," the man smiled cutely and off he went inside the restaurant.

Ralph smiled back, and if he ever stared at the man's ass, he wasn't going to deny it.

"Do you have a moment?" Ralph called to the cute waiter standing near his table, and almost immediately, the waiter scurried to his table.

He had a frown on his face, and he said worriedly, "Is something wrong with the food, sir?"

"Uh, yeah," he bit his lip as he stared at the food in front of him. "I ordered a filet mignon, not a salmon?"

"La Merda," the man said with an exasperated sigh as he looked at the food. "My apologies, sir. I'll go ahead and take them back subito."

"That's okay," he chuckled. "All I ask for in return is a date."

"No, it's not okay—I, what?"

"Dude, you heard me."

"I did, but please don't call me 'dude'."

"Okay, I won't. I'm sorry," Ralph said with a chuckle and let the man take his plate. "How do you want me to call you then?"

"Call me John, or JP," John said with a small smile. "Now, if you'll excuse me..."

"Ralph," he introduced himself.

"Ralph, hm," John hummed. "Handsome name for a handsome guy."

"Not too bad yourself, John,"

"I get out at nine tonight,"

"Is that a yes?"

"What else could it be?"