Lucky

"It's finally Friday," Kyle groaned in delight, threw his head back onto his seat, and loosened up his dress suit by unbuttoning the first two buttons, revealing a bit of his tattooed chest.

Ralph frowned but chuckled as he said, "hey, don't be such a slut. Vince is in the back."

The said friend sneered at him while he took his time to ready the car, and he slapped the back of the driver's seat weakly, saying, "shut up. I'm not interested in your boyfriend."

"Okay, I'm not sure whether to be offended by that statement," Kyle said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he got laughs in reply from the two men he was with.

The first few minutes of driving got quiet. All three of them were weary from work, especially Ralph. He barely managed to survive the workload he had this week—not to mention, their boss had it with him due to his absences. He had been doing nothing but kiss-ass his boss by taking charge of three heavy presentations for their upcoming big projects; one for this week, another for next week, and lastly for the following week after next week.

He loved his work and missed it, but sometimes there were those days that took their toll on him. This was one of those days. He has always had the habit of overworking himself, and he knew it—hell, everyone knew it. It was unhealthy, but there were bills to pay, so what choice did he have? Especially now that he went AWOL from his work for several months without letting people know.

"Are you sure Enzo didn't want to come?" Kyle asked, after a few minutes, his eyebrows raised in question as he turned to look sideways at Vince.

Vince hummed in reply as he tore his gaze away from the window and to his friend. "Yeah, I invited him. But he said he's too busy to come," he said, fixing his eyeglasses and turning comfortably in his seat.

"Who gets busy on Friday nights?" Kyle snorted with a deep chuckle.

"Your boyfriend does," Vince answered with a cackle of his own. "If we hadn't forced him to get out early tonight, he would have overworked himself again."

Ralph side-eyed his friend and boyfriend with a nasty glare. "We're here," he announced shortly after that conversation and hit the brakes hard enough for Vince and Kyle to topple over their seats with shrieks and complaints coming out of their mouths.

"Babe!"

"Jesus fucking Christ!"

"Whoops. Sorry," he said with a smirk and a tone that wasn't even close to being apologetic. He got out of the car, amusement twinkling in his eyes, all the while saying to his boyfriend, "hurry up, your brother's waiting for us."

Without waiting for his companions, he let his feet drag him towards a familiar restaurant upstate where he recently just had bad memories. But this time, he was here because they were invited to enjoy themselves a good Friday night. He needed it, badly. Hell, all of them needed it.

The sound of his footsteps against the pebbles on the ground was rough on his black leather shoes as he walked towards the entrance, glancing at the familiar royal blue SUV parked in front of the restaurant. Bittersweet memories flooded his mind at the sight of the car, and he smiled gently to himself. He didn't know if it was coincidence or maybe he just had a thing for men in relationships.

A lot has changed since then.

A hand on his waist was enough to bring him back to reality, and he looked to his side, smiling as he saw his boyfriend. He leaned forward and kissed Kyle's forehead, murmuring against his skin, "I love you."

"Oh my God," Vince muttered from his other side in disdain, feeling a little out of place at the sudden cutesy scene being displayed in front of him. "I'm heading inside."

Both his friends didn't heed him any attention.

Kyle stared at him, mouth wide open, and chuckled afterward. "I'm not complaining, but what was that about?"

"Nothing, really," Ralph shrugged mindlessly as they took their time walking towards the entrance, a small smile on his face.

He wasn't going to tell his boyfriend that he was the light to his bad memories—that he was the sun to his moon. Kyle would use that to his advantage, and not that it would bother him, he just thought it was better to keep this as a secret from him for now.

"Okay," Kyle said with a grin on his handsome face.

Ralph frowned, staring at his boyfriend's dumbfounded look, as if waiting for a certain reply. "Okay?"

"Okay,"

Really? This man was having fun making fun of his own boyfriend.

"You're not going to say it back?"

"Oh, you were waiting for me to say it back,"

Realization took over Kyle's facial features, but the wide grin on his face was enough for Ralph to know he was doing it on purpose. God, this man was going to be the death of him someday.

They entered the restaurant's premises, even though the signboard outside said they were closed. Upon entering, a soft ding from the bell shackles from the door sounded, and they were welcomed with the distinct chatters and laughter from their friends, talking about God-knows what.

All their friends' attention shifted their gazes to them, greeting them with shouts of glee and overexaggerated wave of hello's. They greeted them back with smiles etched on both of their faces.

"Enzo, thought you weren't coming?" Kyle asked, his eyebrows raised in question.

Enzo fixed his eyeglasses as he opened his mouth to reply, but he was cut off by Prince.

"Can you believe he's being a prude on a Friday night? He brought along his work," Prince whined, his deep voice uncharacteristically not matching with his tone as he rolled his eyes.

Enzo chuckled and shrugged apologetically. "I'm sorry. I really am busy. I'm just Jules' designated driver tonight."

"Boo, you whore!" Angie exclaimed in his seat, earning him a laugh from their friends. Kim shook his head at his fiancé, a small grin slipping onto his face as he wrapped an arm around his neck.

Turning his attention to the newly arrived couple, Kim raised his eyebrows as he asked, "have you had dinner, yet?"

Kyle shook his head as an answer to his twin brother and stole a fry from the table that earned him a smack on his arm. "Ow—no, we haven't yet," he said while they took a seat across Angie and Kim. He was about to grab the glass of cocktail beside him when Ralph pushed it away from him. "Babe."

Ralph gave him a look. "I'm not letting you drink until we eat dinner," he reasoned while his boyfriend just gave him a scowl.

Their friends just watched the cute interaction—some of them cheering, while others mockingly gagged. Angie excused himself, saying something about preparing them food, and left to go to the kitchen.

"When did this happen? Like, are you guys official or?" Prince smiled at them, giving them looks of wanting an explanation with his palm on his cheek.

"You didn't tell them?" Kyle asked his brother, half-surprised and half-relieved.

"Wasn't really my relationship to tell them,"

"Yeah, yeah. You're the best big brother ever, now come on,"

Everyone waited for their answer, except for Kim and Vince.

"Yeah, we're official. Since I came back, honestly," Ralph answered for the two of them with a smile that could be in competition with Mt. Everest's width. He glanced at Kyle, and he found himself in a daze at how unreal their relationship felt.

And, Kyle would always reassure him that they were real—that it wasn't just a dream. He has finally found someone worthy of his love, and what more could he have asked for than for it to be reciprocated.