What A Man Gotta Do

Ralph was having a perfect day; an absolutely perfect day that he was so sure no one could ruin it for him.

He had woken up today in the perfect mood, and he wasn't always a morning person. So, that was saying something. He was as cheerful as a bird tweeting in the day while he ate breakfast with Kyle and his pets.

Even on the way to the office, if Kyle had ever thought it was weird, he didn't say it. He didn't want to ruin his fiancée's mood for the day. He just presumed it was the before-the-wedding jitters, and he hoped he was right.

Until someone in the office decided to get very cozy with Kyle; so comfortable that he wasn't sure if the woman knew Kyle was taken and soon-to-be-married.

He was just on his merry way to the Marketing department to invite him for lunch when he saw an unknown lady being handsy to Kyle. But he didn't dare try to make a scene, instead, he wanted to see how his fiancée would handle this.

He had a scowl on his face watching the scene from the double-hung windows outside the room. But he knew better than to come in, to surprise the people in the department, and to cause a scene. He wasn't going to be that guy—never in a million years.

Kyle was saying something with a small smile on his face as he nodded and shut down the woman's attempt at flirting by removing the hands she put on his arms. And almost as quickly as The Flash, the woman's face fell into a confused frown as if she didn't know the reason why she was being rejected.

His partner kept on saying something as he fixed his desk, moved around to leave the woman, and walked fast towards the door to open it. "Please, don't do that ever again— oh, hey, handsome," Kyle said in surprise, his voice rising an octave higher than usual. "How's your day so far, baby?"

Before Ralph could even open his mouth to reply to him, he heard a scoff from inside the room. He shifted his gaze from Kyle's apologetic and sarcastic gaze to whoever she was.

"Baby?" she said in a snarky tone, her voice filled with judgment and confusion. She walked behind Kyle with an obvious resting bitch-face, looking at Ralph from head to toe. "Who even is this?"

"This is my partner, Ralph," Kyle replied with a grin as he gestured to his fiancée with his hand, which immediately went to wrap itself around Ralph's waist. "Ralph, this is Arizona."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Not really.

He loved his home. But now, there was a reason for him to hate the state.

Arizona didn't say anything back in reply. She just put a hand on her waist, like it was such a waste of time meeting him. She flipped her luscious, blonde hair with her free hand while she stared at the arm around Ralph's waist.

She wasn't ugly, although her personality spoke for itself. But if Ralph was ever straight, he wouldn't dare to pursue her. Thank God, he was gay, right?

"So, partner, huh?" she asked with a hint of annoyance in her tone. "How'd you two meet?"

Oh, so she was that kind of bitch; the kind that didn't know how to take a hint when being rejected.

Ralph glanced at Kyle—who just tightened his hold on him and whispered to his side in an aghast tone, "I'm so sorry, she's a literal blonde."

He nodded once to acknowledge that statement before he decided to play along. He shrugged with his lips pursed, his eyes squinted, and his head slightly tilted to the side as he thought.

"Through a mutual friend, about seven or eight years ago," he said, staring at Kyle to confirm even though he didn't need him to.

Kyle hummed in agreement, chuckled, and nodded, saying, "yes, we met through Angie, and then we happened."

"How long has this been going on?"

It took a lot from Ralph not to roll his eyes at the question.

This was not how he asked for his day to be ruined. Where was he? In an interrogation room with a black and white color theme?

"I'm sorry. I would love to chat with you about our magical, loving relationship," he said in a rush, while he wrapped an arm around Kyle's shoulder. "But my husband and I are running late for lunch."

And with that, the couple turned around arm-in-arm, snickering at how Arizona seemed frozen at the spot hearing those words from Ralph's mouth. She had her eyes wide open in shock, her nostrils flared, and her arms slacked as they fell to her side.

"I'm sorry about that," Kyle said and breathed a sigh of relief as he let his head fall to Ralph's arms.

Ralph chuckled in response as he kissed his partner's head. "You're good, babe," he replied. "It's okay. It felt nice if I was being honest."

"Damn right, it should,"

A man was going to do what he was supposed to do.