Sweet Melody

Two weeks.

Two weeks since Ralph returned.

That was how long it had been since he came back to America, and he couldn't deny that a lot had changed since then. He might not know if it was for the better or not, but he knew it was making him happy.

Slowly, but surely, everything seemed to be in place. But he didn't want to get compliant that everything would work out his way, because it wasn't. His experiences had clarified that it would not be easy.

"Are you alright?"

And, just like that, Ralph fell into his second trance for the day. He hated how he could just succumb to Kyle's voice every time he heard it, but at the same time, he loved it. Damn feelings.

"Y-yeah, don't worry," he replied with a small smile.

Kyle sighed, then chuckled afterward as he stared at Ralph with a thoughtful look. "You say that, but I'll always worry about you."

"I like that," Ralph said softly, as he stared back at Kyle's frown upon saying those words. "It's a good look on you."

"Uh, what is?"

"You, being a fucking sap,"

"Only because it's you,"

He was not going to lie, but that made him roll his eyes. It was a good comeback, though.

"What are you thinking about, anyway?" Kyle asked before he took a bite of his McDonald's burger, closing his eyes, moaning in delight, and smearing his lips with mayonnaise.

They decided to go out for the day because according to Kyle, it was better than being cooped up in his apartment. This was Ralph's first day outside since he didn't want their friends to know that he had just come back. It was overwhelming enough to see Kyle was the first thing he saw when he came back, what more would it be if their friends knew about it?

But since it was Kyle who asked—or begged him to go out, he couldn't say no to him. Not with that handsome face.

Ralph stared at him with a longing smile and shook his head. "Still a messy eater," he said, reaching across to wipe the mayonnaise off of Kyle's lips with his fingers before licking it with his own lips.

"Thanks, babe," Kyle just smiled at him in return. "But you didn't complain last night when I ate your ass—ow!"

"Kyle, shut up," Ralph whispered, his face reddening and eyes widening in embarrassment. "We're in McDonald's, you dumbfuck!"

He looked around their table to see if anyone had heard Kyle's playful, dirty mouth. He turned redder in embarrassment when he saw a whole family glaring at them while having their ears covered.

He opened his mouth to apologize but thought better when he vaguely heard one of the kids saying, "Mommy, what did he mean by eating ass? Is it like, a kiddie meal?"

He just sighed, silently turned away, and continued to eat his chicken nuggets in peace, while also experiencing secondhand embarrassment. He looked at the man in front of him and smiled softly.

Somehow, Kyle was always the reason for his life being easy-going. It was always like that, and he slowly understood the fact that he was really good for him. With him, he didn't give a single care in the world. And when it was just the two of them, everything was just simply better.

Maybe it was true. That he was denying himself the fact that they were good to each other and with each other.

And maybe, just maybe, it was time to make it official.

"Hey, finish up. I want to take you somewhere,"

Kyle blinked twice. "Huh? But we just got here,"

"I know, but hurry up, please?" Ralph's smile widened as he reached over and took a big bite on Kyle's burger.

"Okay, if you say so," Kyle smiled back.

After eating lunch at McDonald's, they walked around the city for a while with the sun glaring down at them. People were bussed in and out of buildings, getting themselves busy with whatever went on with their days.

Ralph adjusted his sunglasses from his eyes. Feeling hot and nervous wasn't an ideal combination. He hoped everything would go smoothly as he thought about it.

He looked beside at the man walking beside him and smiled as he reached over and grabbed Kyle's hands, intertwining their fingers. Call him cliché, but their hands fit perfectly.

That little action caught Kyle by surprise, but he calmed down when he saw what Ralph was trying to do. He smiled cutely and swung their hands back and forth, before saying, "you know what this reminds me of?"

"Canada?" Ralph asked in confirmation, his smile widening as he laughed softly.

Kyle nodded. "Yep,"

"Not surprising, since you were the one who came onto me,"

"Oh-ho! Did you hit your head or something when you traveled?"

"Okay, I'm not denying the fact that I felt attracted to you at the time, but you're the one who kissed me out of nowhere,"

"No, that happened after you made a move on me. You were basically giving me hints, always staring at me when you think I'm not looking, and you always wanted to sit beside me during meetings,"

Ralph was not having it. He shook his head in disagreement. "That didn't mean I made the first move, babe."

Where was this confidence coming from?

"It doesn't?" Kyle frowned, looking genuinely confused, which Ralph found cute. "But then that means—wait, what are we doing here?"

His frown deepened when he saw where they were and didn't realize Ralph's hand was not in his anymore. He looked around the area and realized they were at a park.

Kids were playing all over the place. There were men playing street basketball on one side, while there were others just enjoying themselves a picnic. It was a weekday, and he didn't expect to have many people at this hour of the day—especially not on a hot day like this.

"You don't have to worry, Kyle," he heard Ralph say behind him. "Because I'll be the first one to do this."

He turned around in confusion to see what Ralph was doing, but his jaw dropped when he saw him kneeling down on one knee. His heart started to race, and he didn't know if it was from the small people gathering around them or if it was just because of Ralph.

He wished it was the latter.

"Kyle, will you officially be my boyfriend?"

"Dude, stand up. They're going to think I'm the bottom in this relationship,"

"I'm not going to stand up until you give me an answer, babe,"

Kyle looked around at the people starting to cheer them, and he gulped nervously. He was never a fan of this kind of attention. He sighed as he let Ralph hold both of his hands and looked at him, longingly.

"Yes, Ralph. I'll be your boyfriend,"

Ralph stood up with a grin as wide as the Asia continent and pulled Kyle to a tight hug, his arms snaking their way around the latter's neck. Kyle returned the hug, just as tight as he could. Both their eyes were teary as tears threatened to fall as they could not explain what to feel at the moment.

One thing was for sure, though—they were happy.

It was the sweetest moment of their lives. But of course, Kyle had to ruin it.

"You're still the bottom, though,"