Easy

Thursday morning couldn't have come up faster.

Ralph woke up with a start, feeling sore from all over his body. He felt super uncomfortable with his position. He tried moving his left arm to stretch but felt it being restricted by something heavy. What the hell?

He opened his eyes slowly with a slight groan. He squinted his eyes and shielded them with his free arm as the sunlight glared at him from... the car window? He raised his head with only one thought in his mind.

What the fuck happened last night?

There was a soft groan from behind him, and he turned to his side to find John sleeping peacefully on his arm. He watched as John moved around-no doubt trying to find a comfortable position-and settled to wrapping an arm around his body, snuggling closer to his neck.

A sudden realization flooded his mind, and he remembered they were in Paris to witness Taylor Swift's concert. That, and they didn't have a place to stay in Paris so they slept in John's car.

He grinned as he remembered last night.

The way they held hands throughout the concert.

The way they screamed Taylor Swift's lyrics.

And, the way he felt happy, for the first time since leaving.

But, first things first, he would have to wake up John-just as much as he liked to watch him sleep-because his arm was starting to feel a little numb.

"Hey John, wake up," he said, shaking John as gently as he could.

Unfortunately, for him, John just snuggled closer to him, groaned, and mumbled, "shut up, I'm trying to sleep."

Ralph let out a small, deep chuckle.

"Okay, but at least let me move my arm. It kinda hurts," he sighed after a few minutes and gave up when John didn't comply to wake up.

Though, John did raise his head slightly from Ralph's arm so he could stretch it a bit-feeling satisfied when he heard a soft crack.

Ralph returned it to its previous position and smiled when he heard John sigh in... content?

He shook his head in disagreement to himself. He must be delusional.

It must be his longing desire to actually have a stable relationship that was clouding his mind so much that he was starting to hear things. From his perspective, it was a big deal.

He was already nearing his thirties, and he didn't have any stable relationship except that one time during his college days. Though, it ended badly because some people just didn't know how to keep it in their pants.

Also, that one time two years ago, when it almost seemed a stable, a long, and a loving relationship was about to bloom, but of course, there had to be a plot twist in every man he liked.

He shifted from his position as he shook his thoughts away. It wasn't the time to have sentimental thoughts.

He sighed to himself and just closed his eyes, slowly drifting to a dreamless sleep.

Later that day, Ralph found himself being woken up by someone.

He groaned in annoyance and swatted the hand away from his waist, shaking him to wake up. "Stop it, Kyle. I'm sleeping," he tutted and shifted his position. "Can you please turn the AC on, babe? It's hot."

He mumbled his gratitude when the shaking stopped and continued to sleep.

It wasn't until a few hours later he finally woke up and found himself alone at the backseat of the car. He sat up as he rubbed his eyes slowly, wondering where John went. He wasn't inside the car, so where was he?

He frisked his jeans to find his phone and immediately fished it out of his pocket.

18 new message.
11 new notifications.
8 missed calls.

He scowled at the messages from his friends back home as he rolled his eyes and shifted his attention outside. It was all from them, and not a single message or notification from John.

There was a shuffling sound and an opening of the door had him turning to his right. He found himself staring at a pair of green eyes belonged to John. He had a small smile on his face as he held a plastic bag to show him.

"Perfect timing. You're awake," John said. "I bought lunch."

"Oh, thanks," Ralph managed to croak out and accepted the bag from John's inviting hand.

They ate their lunch in awkward silence. Ralph didn't know why or when it became awkward, but he often found himself staring, open-mouthed at John as if he wanted to say or ask something.

He chose not to pry and continued to eat his lunch.

It might be a personal problem.

If he wanted this to work out, then he should learn how to wait and take it easy.