Nobody Compares

"Happy Halloween!"

Ah, the month of November. Also known as, the best month ever.

It was when the air got super chilly as if the whole state was an open refrigerator. There were long nights, and people were alive at night because it was usually the time for people to start gift shopping.

Maybe it was the distinct excitement of people chattering about how it was the holiday season, maybe it was the cold breeze of air, or maybe it was Pumpkin Spice Latte season. For whatever reason, Ralph loved November.

Who wouldn't love November?

There were a lot of exciting and fun things to do in the month of November unless there were other priorities like planning a wedding—which was what kept Ralph and Kyle from having too much fun the past few weeks.

"Can't we at least dress up for Halloween?" Ralph said with a pleading smile as he let his hands drop over Kyle's broad shoulders.

"Baby, you don't need my permission to dress up," Kyle said, his eyebrows arched in confusion. "Go on."

"But my costume isn't good without you,"

"Really?"

"Please?" Ralph said, and there was a big hopeful grin on his face. His eyes were glimmering with mischief, and there was nothing wrong with having fun for a little while.

A few minutes later, the dogs started barking in the living room once they wore their costumes and made it back to the couch. The costumes were nothing special; it was just matching shirts. Nobody was going to know.

Ralph wore a black fitted graphic t-shirt that said 'Check out my TOP' in a funky font with a rainbow at the end of the phrase. While Kyle wore the same colored and graphic t-shirt but had a different text that said, 'I'm the TOP'.

Kyle had a small smile on his face as he glanced at his soon-to-be-husband and shook his head in amusement. He felt embarrassed standing in front of their dogs, but incredibly flustered at the words from their t-shirts. It was cute. At least, now it made sense why it didn't work without him.

While he felt embarrassed, Ralph felt proud, to say the least. Together with his attire, his face wore a big grin, showing no trace of embarrassment whatsoever.

"Now," Kyle started to say, snickering as he picked up one of their dogs from the floor. "Can we get back to work?"

"No," Ralph replied; his smile slowly turning into a smirk as he gripped Kyle's shirt from the hem and pulled him closer so that they were chest-to-chest.

And before Kyle could even open his mouth to protest as the dog whined as it was dropped, he leaned forward to shut him up with a kiss. A slow, sensual kiss that turned into a full-blown make-out session.

Safe to say, they weren't able to get back to what they were supposed to be doing.

After a few weeks rolled by, it was already Thanksgiving. It was as if time really flew because it certainly didn't feel fast. Or was it because they were just too busy that they lost track of time and day?

They have decided to celebrate in Angelo's restaurant, as their friend offered—insisted, in his case, in the first place. Everyone who was invited to the wedding came, and it only consisted of both their families and friends. Not too much, and certainly not lacking.

They were gathered in the middle of the restaurant at a long table, with seats enough for all the guests invited. Everyone was getting along and having fun as they ate dinner.

"Have you both picked what you're wearing?" Kyle's mother, Keira, asked them before taking a sip of her red wine.

"Yes, I got it last week," Ralph replied with a grin. "Kyle got his a few weeks back and he wouldn't even show me."

"You didn't show me yours either,"

The small banter from the engaged couple earned them laughs from their friends and family. It was almost perfect.

Riley and Ralph were still not on speaking terms. And everyone knew that it was the barrier that kept the celebration at a slightly awkward tension.

"You don't have to worry, mom," Kyle said, glancing at Ralph with a smile before turning to his mother. "We're almost done planning it. My wedding vow is the only remaining thing to do for me."

"You haven't started yet?" Angelo exclaimed in disbelief with a shake of his head, as if disappointed. "Shame on you, Kyle."

Another round of laughter occurred after that.

The wedding was in January, and Kyle thought he had the time to do his wedding vow within the allotted time. He had it under his control, and he had many ideas already, so it was going to be a piece of cake for him.

Throughout the night, the couple had shown their gratitude to their friends and family for being supportive of their relationship despite the events prior that led to this day. And they understood; they were more than convinced that this couple was so in love with each other.

Ralph hoped that this night was enough to convince his sister that he wasn't making a bad decision because if it was, his whole life would be affected. So, when Riley signaled him to follow her, it didn't come off as a surprise that she wanted to talk to him.

"Are you really sure, Raffy?"

It was one question, yet it held a heavy burden to answer.

"My answer hasn't changed since the day you asked me that,"

He gave his sister a smile, and then he shifted his gaze to where Kyle was. It was never going to change because he would always choose Kyle and no one else. No one ever compared to him, not even in the slightest.

His love would always remain reserved for Kyle because he was the only one to ever understand him, and it was a feeling that he could never quite explain. And for that, he was thankful that Kyle existed in his life.