Leavin'

"I'm all packed and ready to go," Ralph said to his phone that was clutched between his shoulder and ear.

"That's good to hear, man," Vince said from the other line, his tone lacing with genuine worry. "Any idea where you want to go next?"

Ralph hummed, his face frowning before he replied unsurely, "eh, I—I'll think of something. I always do."

"Okay, man, whatever you say," his friend said. "Oh! Before I forget—"

He chuckled as he rolled his eyes. "What is it, Vince?"

"Well, Mr. Fuller wants to know when you're coming back,"

He stilled as he didn't know what to reply. That was one thing he hadn't thought of yet thoroughly—he hasn't been able to think about it just yet. Not when his mind hasn't found its peace.

Coming back to America might be too soon for him to handle, but he knew, sooner or later, he would have to come back—even if he didn't like the thought of it. It was easier not to think about coming back when traveling.

He sighed as he sat down on the bed and bit his lip thoughtfully.

"I honestly don't know, man. It might be too soon for me to go back, you know? Especially with Kyle,"

"Is that really the reason, Raffy? That you don't want to see Kyle because of what he did?"

"God, I really don't know, Vince. I mean, we've talked on the phone a few days ago, but I—it's—"

"You know what I think? I think you're just afraid of seeing him, and talking to him because well, how could you not interact with each other? You work in the same company, but other than that, I could think of several other reasons why you're afraid,"

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

Nice answer, dumbass.

Ralph rolled his eyes, while he waited to listen to his friend.

"You're afraid to know how will it affect both of you once you see him personally. You're scared of your own feelings for him and y-you think that whatever happened before to the two of you will happen again somehow."

Vince paused for a moment, and that few minutes of silence gave Ralph a window to think about what he had just heard.

"That is not a healthy mindset, Raffy. We both know you know that. I've seen the way you looked at him before, and I think that's when you're at your happiest. You can't just throw all of that away by one stupid decision,"

Ralph stayed silent. He couldn't help but agree with his friend's statements.

"Yeah, I know, Vince. If there's something that I'm sure about," he said after another moment of silence fell between them. "It's my feelings for him. I just—I don't know how we could work things out after what happened."

"I have to disagree with that last statement, dude," Vince chuckled deeply over the phone. "Trust me, you know how."

He did? How?

Ralph furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I do? I'm not sure what you mean by that."

"Call him, duh? Talk to him? Communicate?"

He scoffed. Of course, he knew that.

"Yeah, and? I can't just tell him I want us to be together again,"

"You figure out that one on your own, man. I've got to go,"

"Ugh, fine. Take care, bye,"

Ralph sighed in exasperation as he stood up from his bed. He didn't know what to do after everything that happened. He was starting to think this getaway would have been for nothing. For obvious reasons, Kyle was the number one reason why he had to go away, and now, he didn't know.

He groaned loudly as he started to walk with his suitcases in his hand. All this thinking was hurting his head so much.

He pushed all those thoughts further into the back of his mind as he hailed a taxi cab. He would think of that later. But for now, all he needed to do was where he should go next.

"To the airport, please," he said to the driver once he was settled inside the car.

He smiled a little at the surroundings as they passed by, murmuring to himself, "goodbye Italy."