Beautiful in White

People said love comes in special, different ways. It has proven itself to be hard but a magical reason for people to find for reasons unknown to humankind. Love has power that transcended people, and it wasn't enough of a reason for Ralph to believe in it until it happened to him.

Thinking back to how it all started, it was rough from the get-go. He was a walking bad luck when it came to love. It might sound absurd, but some people have a hard time finding love. He was one of those people.

From the very first relationship he had—where the parents of his partner at the time didn't accept them and kept on insisting that they were just best friends—to what he hoped would be his last relationship since he and Kyle planned on marrying each other.

Reminiscing about how their story happened seemed to be a classic thing to do at some weddings. It felt greatly weird to think this was where it led them, considering all that had happened.

Vince might have been correct when he said that the only thing stopping Ralph from coming back home was because of his feelings for Kyle; these feelings were incredibly strong to deny after all these years.

"Oh, my son, you look so handsome!"

His mom exclaimed as she started crying suddenly, and his father sighed and put his arms around her to try and comfort her. Ralph chuckled softly as he shook his head and said, "Mom, can you try to calm down? The wedding hasn't even started yet."

His mother has been crying about their wedding since Christmas because he was all 'grown up'. Although the crying sometimes annoyed the heck out of him, it made him feel soft and loved because he, too, couldn't believe that this was really happening.

They had decided to have their wedding at Kim and Angelo's home in the backyard and the reception in Angelo's restaurant. The engaged couple had agreed and said it was no problem, at all.

Now, he was stuck inside Angelo's spacious room with his parents, waiting for the event to start. He was pacing back and forth, but all he wanted to do was sit down as he wait. Though, it might cause wrinkles in the expensive, white dress suit he wore.

"The mayor's here," Vince said once he entered the room with an excited grin plastered across his face. "Are you ready?"

Three words, yet held incredible meaning.

Was he ready?

"Dude, are you okay?"

Again, these questions his best man was asking were so on point. Ralph couldn't see another friend being his best man. With Vince, he felt relieved that these questions were coming from him. He knew many things about him, and they were friends for the longest time among his other friends.

Ralph exhaled, then he smiled. "Yeah, I'm great," he said as he straightened out his suit and got ready.

His parents stood on either side of him; his mother—who thankfully stopped crying at last—was on his right side and his father was on his left side. He offered his arms to both of them as he stared at them longingly like it was the end of the world.

They accepted his arms with a smile; a smile that seemed to say they were proud of him and what he became. It was thanks to Kyle because he couldn't have become the man that he was right now all by himself. Kyle helped him a lot, and he was more than grateful for it.

When he started to walk, reality came crashing down on him. It all felt surreal, and when he surveyed the surroundings, it felt as if everything was in slow motion. He didn't know that the pressure of being a groom could be so heavy, but it wasn't enough to cloud his judgment to run away like the last time.