Met Him Last Night

Ralph bobbed his head along to the music he was listening to, until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Jesus!" he jumped from his seat, startled at the touch, and snatched his earbuds away from his ears as he looked at the person who touched him.

"Finally done?" he sighed and relaxed when he saw John, ever so smiling cutely at him. He put a hand on his chest to calm his erratic heartbeat. He scared the shit out of him—especially when he didn't know anyone in this town.

"Yeah, let's go," John smiled.

He hummed in excitement as he stared at his date with a weird face, from the bottom to the top.

This did not go unnoticed by John, though.

"What?" John furrowed his eyebrows in worry, his accent thick. "Something wrong?"

Ralph chuckled and shook his head in disagreement.

"No, not at all," he said as he stood up from his seat. "You—you just look different."

John snickered, while he rolled his eyes. "Because I'm not in my uniform?"

"Don't worry. It's not a bad different,"

"Never said it was,"

"Never said it was," Ralph repeated with a smirk as he grabbed his small bag off the table. He gestured for John to lead the way, and the latter said his gratitude in Italian.

God, his accent sounded so heavenly to his ears.

Maybe he could get used to that.

He smiled at the possibility. Why not, right?

"I have my car parked at the back," John said, his head turning to the side to glance at Ralph.

They fell into a silence. It wasn't uncomfortable, and it wasn't comfortable, either. Just the right amount of silence to go through. It felt good—he could take a breather and roam his eyes around to survey the town a little more.

There were few small restaurants and shops around the area. There were also fewer people walking and doing their own thing, and Ralph liked that change of scenery every once in a while. It was the pace he liked for someone travelling to find a peace of mind.

Ralph's gaze shifted and stared at the starry night skies. He smiled at the sight.

"Beautiful night, huh?"

John's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and he almost tripped to his own feet, stumbling.

"Yeah, it is," he agreed as he stared at the man walking in front of him.

"Not much of a scenery back at your home?" John glanced at him with a curious stare, his eyebrows furrowed.

Ralph frowned at the mention of 'home', and he turned his face away so John wouldn't see his reaction. His gripped on his bag tightened as he remembered everyone back in America—about leaving them all of a sudden.

"Uh," he stammered as he thought of what to reply, his eyes blinking rapidly.

He didn't know why he was having a hard time answering that simple question.

"Not really," he chuckled and looked at John. "I was born in a city, so yeah."

John hummed in delight, his eyebrows creasing as he nodded. "So, you're a city boy, huh?"

Ralph just laughed and nodded as they walked together. He bit his lip as he smiled at his date.

It has been a while since he laughed like that—not since Kyle left him for good.

It felt great.

When they finally reached John's car, they didn't waste any time to get inside. John took in charge of everything inside—making sure Ralph was buckled and letting him know that there should be no unnecessary movements.

Whatever that meant.

"I hope you like Taylor Swift," John said as he started the engine.

Ralph scrunched up his face in curiosity as he stared at John. He had a smile on his face, and God, he looked even more handsome up close.

"I do. Why?"

"Good, 'cause we're going to Paris,"

Ralph opened his mouth to say something, but he thought about it and just laughed as they drove off to the City of Love. He stared at John with a soft smile.

Who knew someone could make him feel things from someone he just met last night?