Ready or Not

Ralph thought he was forgetting something, but he just didn't know what. He has been thinking about it since he ate breakfast, and it didn't go unnoticed by Kyle.

"You okay there?" he asked Ralph as he watched him think thoughtfully. He was sitting beside him in the dining room. "Is something bothering you?"

Ralph eased his facial features to send a smile toward his boyfriend. "I just feel like I'm forgetting something," he shrugged. "But I don't know what."

He had thought about it carefully about what it could be, but nothing came to his mind. It was starting to bother him, and it didn't sit quite well with him when something was bothering him and he couldn't figure out what it was.

Kyle smiled back at him. "You know what? Let's go out."

"Huh, why?"

"I think I know what you're forgetting. Come on,"

"Really?"

"Really,"

Ralph squinted at his boyfriend, curiosity kicking in as he stared at Kyle's handsome face. "Okay," he said, unsure. "I'll just take a shower then."

"Can I join you?" Kyle asked suggestively with a wink and a smirk.

"You're more than welcome to," Ralph chuckled, his eyes rolling from the obvious attempt at being sexy. He stood up from his seat—his phone in his hand, while the other was outstretched toward his boyfriend.

After an hour of shenanigans in the shower, Kyle was the first to get out—with only nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. He was wearing a dreamy smile on his face and was seemingly out of breath, but he still managed to look breathtaking.

His hand came up and swiped his wet and disheveled hair backward. Beads of water were racing down his naked body—from his neck to his tattooed chest, six-pack abs, and slightly hairy legs.

He walked towards the closet and opened it to find something good to wear. He cleanly searched through the tidy set of clothes his boyfriend had as he hummed to himself, only stopping to look at the bathroom door when he heard it open with a creak.

"Is it just me or is my hair getting longer?" Ralph said as he stepped out, combing his drenched hair down to his face. Like his boyfriend, he only had a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Yeah, it is," Kyle replied as he untangled the towel from his waist. "Still looks good on you, baby."

Ralph smiled at him, nodding along as he stared at his boyfriend's body. "You look good."

"Don't look at me like that,"

"Like what?"

Kyle rolled his eyes. "Like you want to eat me,"

"And if I do, so what?"

"You just did," Kyle chuckled as he wore his boxer briefs. "In the shower earlier."

Once they were both ready and locked the apartment, they made their way to the elevator, holding hands. Going down in the elevator, Kyle already knew Ralph kept glancing at him—silently asking where they were going.

He loved his boyfriend, but he wanted to keep his stand today because once he realized what he forgot, it was going to be funny.

"Keys?" he asked, his palm outstretched.

"You're really not telling me?" Ralph said, hopeful as he handed Kyle his car keys.

Kyle answered him with a chaste kiss. "Nope. I think it's funny you forgot them."