Gravity

It wasn't easy.

Ralph knew it wasn't easy to avoid Kyle.

But with how everything was going, it seemed as if Kyle didn't notice he was being avoided. Or maybe it was just his imagination that Kyle was purposely letting himself be avoided.

Strange, but he knew Kyle was the type of person who was always consistently persistent. It had been a week since his breakdown, so why hadn't he shown himself in front of his door? By now, he should have been, and it was making him feel uneasy.

"So much for not letting me go, huh?" Ralph scoffed. He didn't like the way he was feeling right now, not a single bit.

Was he a fool for thinking that Kyle hadn't changed after the past few months he was gone? Maybe.

Just about when everything was going perfectly well, this had to happen. He didn't want to blame himself, but it felt like it was his fault. If he wasn't such a coward, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. Love was really complicated, wasn't it?

He sighed heavily and leaned his back on his couch. All these thoughts after such an intense workout were making him exhausted. He might have pushed himself too hard today.

He missed Kyle. What was he doing?

A knock from his door had him getting out of his trance. He frowned at the door as if it was going to open itself magically. Was it Kyle? He didn't want to get his hopes up, but he was hoping it was.

His eyes lit up excitedly when he saw who it was, but he realized Kyle didn't have eyeglasses, so instead, he scowled. It didn't go unnoticed by Kyle's brother, though.

Kim raised his eyebrow with a chuckle. "Why the long face? Expecting someone else?"

Ralph didn't reply. He just bit his lip, rolled his eyes, and stepped aside to let Kim inside his apartment. He closed the door with a soft thud and turned around to face Kim.

"He's with Angie in his apartment," Kim said, answering the question inside Ralph's head.

When he was met with silence, he sighed heavily as he rolled his eyes, crossed his arms, and continued, "how long are you both going to wallow yourselves in self-pity? Are you just going to keep waiting for who's going to make the first move?"

Ralph just stayed silent. He wanted to say something—that he didn't know, but he thought against it. Whatever he had to say, Kim wasn't going to hear him, especially when he was like this. He knew he was just being the caring big brother for Kyle, so he understood where he came from.

"Ralph, you're both adults," Kim said with a meaningful look. "You need to figure out whatever is going on with you both. Kyle's just within arm's reach, don't let that opportunity go away."

After that, he walked towards him and the door. He stopped by his side to put a hand on his shoulder, saying, "please don't hurt my brother, again."

With that final statement, Kim walked out of his apartment, leaving Ralph in his own thoughts and feelings of a sudden heavyweight in his chest—like his very own existence just dropped heavily onto the ground, as if the gravity of his world was gone.