Good Place

"Let's leave Arizona,"

Kyle scoffed as he chuckled. "The lady won't even let me work in peace. And trust me, I'm always telling her to leave me alone," he said and took a bite of his chicken burger, moaning at the delicious meal he was having.

Ralph opened his mouth to say that it wasn't what he meant, but Vince decided to sit with them with his hands occupied with a tray, full of food. He shook his head at himself and continued to eat his lunch with them in silence.

He wanted to leave with Kyle for good and start over somewhere else. It was an idea he had the very moment he came back; it was just a thought at first, but now, maybe they could make it a reality.

A change of scenery might help both of them, in ways they wouldn't understand. When he left two years ago, the places he went to and from helped in more ways than one with his mentality. Though it was just a little help, it did improve his sense of spontaneity. But it didn't help him move on from Kyle.

"Hey, lovebirds," Vince greeted the couple with a smile and shifted comfortably in his seat. "What are we talking about?"

"He wants to leave Arizona," Kyle replied with a shrug as he glanced at Arizona, who was sitting a few tables away from them.

Vince stared at Ralph with a questioning gaze, his eyebrows furrowed almost immediately when he heard Kyle. "Huh, the crazy bitch or the state?" he asked.

Though he knew it was meant for Kyle, he couldn't help but feel it was for him as Vince wouldn't stop staring at him like he knew about what his plans were. Ralph shook his head again for his friend to understand that it wasn't a topic he should get involved with.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Kyle frowned at the question Vince just asked, then he turned to his fiancée. "Did you want to leave?"

"I may or may not. It depends on you," Ralph said as he sighed and closed his eyes before he opened them to glare at Vince. "I was going to talk about it with you right now before Vince showed up."

"And I'm leaving," Vince said in a hurry as he stood up and picked up his lunch to give his friends time to talk.

"Okay,"

So, they talked about it while they ate their lunch together; his share of thoughts on what to do after their wedding. About how he didn't want to stay tied down with their hometown as much as he loved it, about how traveling might help in getting a new perspective, and about how their careers could bloom when they leave.

Sadly, lunchtime was only an hour, so they were cut off from talking about it when lunchtime ended. But they decided to continue talking about it after work, so it wouldn't be a hindrance for their minds when they were at work.

When the clock struck 5 o'clock in the evening, Ralph took his sweet time to fix his desk, double-checked his work in case he missed anything for his agenda today, and made sure that everything was in its rightful place on his desk.

He stretched his arms over his head as he let out a loud yawn—which his co-workers acknowledged as they stared and laughed at him for a moment before they exited the room.

"Good night to you, too, Ralph,"

"Uh, sure, g-good night," he stuttered, his cheeks reddening in embarrassment as he attempted to cover his face.

Just as he stood up from his seat, he saw Kyle knock on the door, then he made his way toward him. He had a smile on his face as he walked and greeted Ralph with a chaste kiss on the lips.

"Hey, are you ready to go home?"

Ralph nodded and hummed in acknowledgment. "Yes, just about," he said.

When they finally got home—which took an hour, thanks to the heavy traffic that was brought on by the holiday season—they were welcomed by three cute dogs; clawing, barking, and aggressively licking their faces as soon as they were picked up.

"Okay, about the talk we had earlier today," Kyle was saying as he tore the blue scarf from his neck and continued to strip his long-sleeved polo shirt. He stared at Ralph with curious eyes and sat on the couch comfortably as one dog immediately found its way onto his lap.

"Where do you plan on going?"

"Canada sounds nice," Ralph suggested with a shrug as he stripped off his clothes. "Not to mention it has significant meaning to both of us."

"But that's too far, Raffy," Kyle frowned at the sudden mention of the place. "Our friends and families are here, why can't we just stay?"

"We can't stay here forever, Kyle," he said as he stuffed his clothes into the hamper and changed into a more comfortable attire. "Sooner or later, our parents are going to want us to have a house for a home than an apartment."

"Canada's a good place, yes," his partner said as he sighed heavily. "But I'm not sure I can leave everything behind. I'm not like you, babe."

"Baby, I'm just suggesting, okay? We have time to sort these things out, and besides, if you have suggestions, I'm more than willing to listen to them,"

There was a moment of silence as Ralph sat beside Kyle on the couch, and he intertwined their fingers together, squeezing them lightly in the assurance that they could do it together. After all, this was their future they were talking about.

A great amount of patience was needed to talk about these things. There was no need to rush because they weren't about to leave in one big swoop. It wasn't like how it was two years ago.

Two years ago, Ralph was in dire need of escape. He needed to go away; to find himself, to heal the wounds that needed to heal, and to seek answers.

But fortunately, not this time. He was in a good place at this very moment.