I'm Ready

There was a time when Ralph wasn't too sure of how his life was going to be planned out.

Everyone has that moment, but for him, it was when he came back to America that he became too sure of how his future would happen.

Not immediately, but it was around that time that he truly felt happy; he felt the plug in him telling himself that it was the right decision to come back home.

And it felt exhilarating. That was one way to describe it.

He couldn't imagine the life he was going to have when he came back, and this was more than what he expected. His initial plan was only to come back home and see if he was ready to face the problem he was running away from, and it turned out that the problem was his ticket to eternal happiness.

Speaking of his fiancée, Kyle was out with his twin brother for trying out dress suits because weddings were supposed to be formal. Ralph suggested that they should do it at the same time, but Kyle was against the idea of seeing each other in their suits.

So, while he was trying out dress suits with his brother, Ralph was stuck with his friends in his apartment, brainstorming ideas for his wedding vow. While he did love his friends, they had a knack for being carried away with a lot of things; things that didn't concern them.

"Uh, how about midway you say something embarrassing about him?" Vince suggested, his face frowning in concentration.

Enzo made a face at the suggestion, and it didn't go unnoticed by Vince. "Isn't that a bit too cheesy?"

"What's wrong with cheesy? It's a wedding!" Vince retorted with an eye roll as he fixed his eyeglasses. "It's supposed to be cheesy."

"Oh God, here we go again," Jules whispered on the loveseat couch, ran a hand on his face with a defeated sigh, and stared at Ralph knowingly, as if to say 'make them stop, please'.

Ralph stared back at his friend's eyes with a scowl, all the while the two kept on bickering like they were having a lovers' quarrel and couldn't be bothered by their friends because they were in denial.

"They make me sick," Prince groaned with a disgruntled tone in his voice as he watched them. He turned to Angelo, nudged him on the shoulder, and said, "Angie, make them stop."

Angelo, who was sitting beside Ralph on the long couch, ignored Prince and turned to the groom-to-be with a smile, saying, "hey, I have an idea for your vows—ow, what the hell, Prince?"

He turned to the said friend and scowled at him as his hand rubbed the part where he was pinched.

Prince just pouted at him in return, not even looking guilty in the slightest. "Come on, you always know what to say to the both of them," he said, glancing at the two men, who were still bickering.

"Let them bicker for all they want. It's not every day you get to fight your soulmate,"

Then, as if Vince and Enzo heard what he said, they both turned to him, pointed to each other, and simultaneously said,

"He's not my soulmate!"

And another.

"What the hell is your problem?"

Angelo turned to Prince and gestured to their bickering friends, wide-eyed as if to say if he was seeing his point.

It was as if all of Ralph's friends were useless on the days he needed them most; a prime example would be his two good friends, who used to be very close but now kept on bickering every time they saw each other.

And his other friends couldn't seem to have any great ideas when it came to brainstorming for wedding vows, except for Angelo. But he didn't blame them—only one of his friends has the knowledge of being engaged.

"Okay, can't we all just calm down because we're not here to witness your RuPaul's Drag Race level of shade," Angelo said as loud as he could, standing up as he waved both his hands to stop Vince and Enzo from spitting at each other's faces. "Do I need to remind you why we're all here?"

"You're a lifesaver, Angie. Oh, thank you," Jules said as he shifted in his seat and exhaled heavily, his voice soft as marshmallow despite his bulky appearance.

After that small, heated exchange, Vince and Enzo stopped talking ultimately with each other. Everyone was finally able to calm down from all that had happened for the day and got back to brainstorming ideas for Ralph's wedding vows.

And so, for a few hours, they all worked with their different ideas for Ralph's vows. It was going great. Everyone had ideas on how Ralph should start; from the start to the middle, and to the ending part.

"Okay," Vince said with a single clap of his hands after they have all suggested their ideas for Ralph. "Did that give you anything to start with?"

Ralph blew a raspberry, then he bit his lip as he nodded. "I think I do," he said, turning to his friends with a small grin on his face.

The small grin on his face completely turned to a frown when he saw his friends' faces as if they were eagerly waiting for something else. The frown deepened when he realized what they were waiting for.

"No, I'm not telling you," he said slowly as he shook his head with a small chuckle.

"Oh, come on, just tell us!" Vince exclaimed. "Whose idea was it?"

There was a moment of silence, and he saw his friends still had their eager faces, waiting for his answer. Their eyes were hopeful, their noses were scrunched up, and their eyebrows were furrowed. It took him everything he had not to burst out laughing, though a few chuckles got out.

"Mine," he breathed out as he grinned. "It was mine. I'm ready,"

"Oh, fuck you," this was when he burst out laughing.

"We-we poured our hearts and souls to you—oh fuck you, man," more laughs.

"I fucking hate you, Raffy,"

He loved his friends so much.