Something 'Bout Love

Ralph woke up lazily when his arms found out Kyle wasn't beside him anymore. He groaned as he reached for his phone on his bedside table to check the time.

2:21 pm, it read.

"The fuck?" he said groggily as he dropped his phone and sat up from his bed. He looked around the room with squinted eyes to search for his handsome hunk. It was understandable that he slept late because he was tired from his flight.

Though, where could Kyle have gone? Did he go to work?

Then, as if his questions were answered, Kyle appeared from the doorway. He looked as handsome as ever, with his lips in a bright smile and his eyes twinkling in liveliness. Wearing a black sleeveless shirt and a plaid boxer, it showed off his tattooed muscular arms and good-looking legs, respectfully. He seemed to be in a good mood.

"Hey, you're awake," he greeted as he stepped inside the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

To say Ralph was happy would be an overstatement, but he did feel that same joyous feeling. He had almost forgotten how to be happy, but thankfully, Kyle was there to let him feel it—even if they were far away, and though he didn't want to admit it, he always kept Kyle in the back of his mind.

"Where were you?" Ralph asked with his face scrunched up, his hands rubbing off his sleepy look.

Kyle just chuckled. "What? Missed me already?"

Ralph didn't say anything else that might cause his face to go redder than it already was. He just tugged on Kyle's bare arm and pulled the man to his side, slowly snaking his arms around Kyle's waist. "Thought you said you weren't letting me go," he said as he hid his face beside Kyle's chin.

"I'm still here, Raffy. Aren't I?" Kyle's grin widened further, his lips brushing over Ralph's face ever so lightly. He felt Ralph's lips tickling just above the cross tattoo on his shoulders, and a leg intertwining with his legs, making him the small spoon in this cuddle session.

"I've always missed you, ever since I left. There's not a day gone by that I didn't think of you. I'm sorry,"

"Me too, Raf. Every time I come here, there was always that glimmer of hope in me—to see you standing in front of this apartment, ready to hug and kiss the fuck out of me,"

Ralph groaned, and rolled his eyes before he looked up at Kyle with a pout. "You're ruining the moment, Kyle."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," Kyle apologized and turned his face to look at the pouting man. He grinned and kissed Ralph's lips softly, while he intertwined their hands at his waist. "Such a handsome baby. I—"

Ralph didn't know how long the silence lasted after what Kyle wanted to say, but it felt like forever. He knew what he meant before he cut himself off, and he knew he meant it because he felt it. It would be his first time hearing those words from him. So, he decided to nudge Kyle's cheek, and said softly, "hey."

Kyle hummed in reply, his grip on Ralph's hand tightening as he smiled.

"You can say it, you know?"

"Say what, babe?"

Ralph's heart fluttered at the endearment. "Um, you know," he cleared his throat. "What y-you wanted to say a few moments ago."

Fuck me. Seriously?

"I love you, Ralph. I wish I could have said it sooner—I wish I could have let you feel it sooner. And I'm not going to force you to say it back," Kyle said shakily, his tone serious and genuine as he played with Ralph's fingers from his waist. "But I just want you to know, that I do. I really love you."

Ralph waited for him to say those three stupid words for so long, and he didn't want to believe that he was hearing it right now. He just came back, and it hasn't been a full day—but he was already feeling overwhelmed by his emotions.

Was he right to be scared, after all?

No. Because he knew and believed that love was a gamble, and it was worth fighting for it for those who deserved it.

"You're not forcing me, Kyle," Ralph said, his words merely a whisper. "Because I love you, too."

And to him, Kyle was worth it.