It's Okay

Ralph was pacing.

He had been doing that since Kim left a few hours ago.

After taking a long cold shower, he had been thinking whether he should go to Kyle or maybe just wait again. But every time he thought about waiting, Kim's words kept echoing inside his head.

Was he just going to blindly wait until Kyle made a move?

"Damn it!" he groaned in exasperation as he ran a hand on his face.

He got out of his apartment in a hurry, slamming the door with a loud thud. He jogged over to where Kyle's apartment was and stood there like an idiot with his hand raised, ready to knock.

Should he?

He bit his lip and shook his head frantically, not even realizing the door had opened in front of him.

Kyle opened his mouth to say something, but he closed it immediately. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he stood, looking comfortable but stressed in his hoodie. He looked okay, and from the way he was dressed, he didn't go to work.

"Um, hi," Ralph greeted lamely as he stared at his boyfriend. At that moment, he wanted to bury himself six feet under—well, thirty feet under, considering they were at the 30th floor.

Awkwardly, Kyle avoided his gaze, stepped aside from his apartment, and replied, "oh, hi. Come in."

Great, we're back to being awkward.

Ralph entered Kyle's apartment, feeling a little scared, nervous, and shy. He hoped everything would be okay, just as it was when he came back. For a while, he didn't know what Kyle had been thinking for the past week. And to be honest, he was scared.

Hearing the door close behind him with a soft thud, he sighed as he closed his eyes while he played with his fingers. He didn't want to turn around because the heavy atmosphere was making it unbearable, and he didn't want to see Kyle's disappointed expression.

"Kyle, I—I'm," he started to say.

A pair of arms suddenly wrapped around his waist, and a second after, he felt a body behind, pulling him closer and tighter. He closed his mouth and opened his eyes to look down, just to confirm if it wasn't just his imagination.

There it was, clothed arms from the hoodie Kyle was wearing, completely wrapped around his waist. He frowned, feeling all kinds of confusion. What was going on?

"I missed you, Raffy," Kyle said, his voice muffled as his face was hiding on Ralph's shoulders. "What took you so long?"

"Kyle?"

"Did you need more time? More space? Tell me,"

"W-what?"

Was that what Kyle did? Gave him space and time?

"Did you seriously think I would let you avoid me? You don't know how I kept struggling just to give you the time and space you needed,"

Ralph had his mouth open all the while he was listening. His body shook as he let his tears flow down to his face and turned around to face Kyle, immediately putting his hands on Kyle's face.

All those impure thoughts he had about Kyle had eased, but he felt so bad for quickly judging him. He felt so disgraced, for even thinking that way about him when he did for him. This time, he wouldn't deny that it was his fault.

"W-why didn't you say so?" he asked, stuttering as his voice shook.

Kyle stared at him longingly as he kissed the tears from his face. "Don't cry, baby. I just felt like it was my fault for practically forcing you to go with me."

God, he was so in love with this man.

"Y-you do so much for me, Kyle," he sobbed, tears continuing to fall as he cried and shook his head. "I don't deserve you."

Kyle's grip on his waist tightened as he frowned and leaned his forehead against Ralph's. "Don't ever say that. I love you, okay?" he said, kissing Ralph's nose as he pulled him closer to him.

Ralph nodded and wiped his tears with his hand quickly before he put it back to Kyle's face.

"I love you, too,"

"I know, baby,"

"Is it okay if I kiss you?"

"You don't have to ask, Ralph,"

Ralph chuckled in the middle of his sobs and leaned in to capture Kyle's lips with his own, kissing him passionately. He felt Kyle smile in the kiss as he kissed back, just as passionate as he did.

"I meant what I said," Kyle said, pulling away moments after the kiss and caressing Ralph's tear-stained cheeks. "I'm never letting you go."