X

Lotor walked through the door as he had two bags of supplies from Walmart as Lance was making himself a sandwich in the kitchen and looked over curiously.

"Oh hey your back from school!" Lance beamed brightly as he took a bite out of the peanut butter and jelly he made.

"I got you some stuff, don't be upset but it is for children I believe," Lotor took out some books that were for reading and writing. Lance gulped a little but nodded understanding, he liked the ocean animals on the writing book.

"I got you fun pens and pencils," Lotor offered a bunch of colorful pens and pencils with animals and plants.

"Oh pretty!" Lance gasped grabbing the pens and opened the box to test out the colors.

"Thank you, for getting me stuff to help," he laughed a little as they sat at the table.

"We look out after each other right? Besides you have to start somewhere," Lotor took out the writing book and opened it to the first page, learning to write each letter uppercase and lowercase.

"Trace these, I want you to write your name by the time Allura gets home, there's five pages of letters to trace," Lotor pointed to the letters as Lance picked out a orange pen to start with.

"Why are there two of each?" Lance asked as he started to trace.

"The bigger letter is always for the first letter of the first word at each sentence, and for names," Lotor took the blue pen and wrote his name on the white part of the book behind the cover.

"The L is uppercase but the o t o r is lowercase, same for you with L then the a n c e, that's how it is for everyone's name," Lotor showed him as Lance watched, focusing on how he held the pen and wrote.

"Like this?" Lance copied Lotors name then his own, it was messy like a child's but he was able to copy it.

"Exactly, after You trace the letters it'll have You trace words like apple and shit like that," Lotor flipped a few pages ahead.

"I got more for you so you have something to do while we're gone," he smiled gently feeling a warmth spill into his chest, proud that he was helping his family, proud that Lance was putting in an effort.

"Got it, can I ask you questions if I need help?" Lance asked, he knitted his brows together focusing as his tongue peaked out a bit.

"Any time you need help, always ask me for help," Lotor smiled gently at him.

They heard someone speaking that wasn't female, to close to the door to be walking by, and it wasn't Allura. Lance quickly hid the books in a bag as Lotor grabbed the bat that was hanging on the wall. Lance gulped a little when the door started to be unlocked, their hearts raced as Lotor hid Lance behind him ready to attack.

"And so I told the barista that keiths lactose intolerant and Keith already drank the latte-" Shiro stopped quickly as Allura held her keys with Keith and Pidge and hunk behind them. Wide eyes seeing Lotor holding a bat.

"Are you going to swing?" Keith peaked out behind his brother.

"Put it down Lotor," Allura waved him off and Lance stood on his toes to look over Lotors shoulder.

"Allura!" Lance smiled happy to see her.

"Oh not this dude," Keith groaned. Lances smile dropped and curled into disgust seeing Keith.

"You," Lance glared.

"I thought we weren't having people over," Lotor didnt look thrilled.

"They're very persuasive?" Allura smiled awkwardly as Lance hung onto Lotors arm tilting his head to the side a little.

"So this is your brother?" Hunk closed the door behind him and waved to Lance.

"Adopted," Lotor said flatly.

"Dickhead," Lance glared up at him.

"Behave," Allura pointed at them.

"Man I thought we were going out tonight," Lance groaned going back to the kitchen.

"Thanks for letting us know," he rolled his eyes grabbing his sandwich from before. Lance wanted to work instead but it felt embarrassing that he had children's books compared to everyone else that have been writing and reading normal for years. He was so behind...

"I'm going outside," Lance told them as he left through the back door.

"Ow, wow he doesn't like us," Pidge frowned a little.

"Homeschool kids are always weird," Keith teased.

"Yea I guess, he's been having a rough time, I thought socializing might be good for him," Allura looked at her brother concerned.

"I think he's overwhelmed," Lotor sighed a little knowing Lance was disappointed in not working instead. He was excited to learn.

"I'll go talk to him," he told them and Allura was caught off guard by how Lotor suddenly wanted to be there for lance, she was glad they weren't fighting anymore.

"Sorry my brothers just were in a whole big fight for the past few days and I think they're making up?" Allura was still confused a little as she turned to her friends.

"I get it, Keith gave me the silent treatment for a month then went back to normal like nothing happened," Shiro smiled assuring her seeing she was embarrassed a little.

Lotor closed the back door as lance did a cartwheel in the grass knowing Lotor was following him out.

"We'll finish it tonight, maybe some human socializing is good for you too," Lotor put his hands on his hips.

"Why? We're just going to leave anyways," lance snorted as he did a back bend and flung his feet over to land on the ground. He liked throwing his body around and not caring if he hit his head.

"Fair," Lotor agreed.

"I think Allura wants to stay though, to be a normal kid for a little," lance told him calmly as Lotor sat in the grass playing with his dyed brunette hair.

"What makes you think that? We all want to be normal," Lotor braided his own hair a little.

"Why else would she bring humans over, you've seen the movies," he sat in front of Lotor with his knees to his chest while playing with the grass.

"I never liked those movies, makes teenagers seem dumber than they actually are," Lotor rolled his eyes.

"We're teenagers Lo," lance grinned.

"And we're not dumb," he agreed making lance giggle a little.

"I wanna train, I've been in a house all day," lance pushed his feet out and reached across to hold his heels and pressed his head to his knees stretching.

"You and Allura are both so freakishly flexible," Lotor cringed a little.

"She's a girl, and I've had time to just stretch and see how far I can go, you should try it sometime," lance laughed.

"I'd love to train and all but we also have humans and we also have wings that might pop out," Lotor stood up but lance tripped him with a cackle.

"Lance we're not training right now," Lotor groan laying on his stomach.

"You're no fun," lance whined but screamed when he was tripped as well.