XVIII

"Hey guys," Shiro smiled as he was with his brother at the diner when Allura and her brothers walked in.

"Shiro! Keith! Hi," Allura waved with a gleeful smile.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Shiro waved back and offered them to sit with him and Keith. Keith grunted when Lotor sat next to him and the other two sat with Shiro.

"We just went shopping for the summer, I got dresses and shorts," Allura told them happily as she pulled her hair over her shoulder.

"Are you doing anything for summer vacation?" Shiro asked her kindly as lance was looking around the diner next to the two, looking interested at how everything looked.

"Am I suppose too?" She didn't understand.

"No, it's just a summer break from school till the fall," Shiro waved it off understanding she and the other two didn't know any better. "Just get to relax and have free time,"

"Is that why your making me get a job?" Keith asked annoyed.

"Exactly," he smiled nodding.

"Alright kiddos, do you know what you want to eat?" The waitress walked over to the group of teens.

"Oh I'm so sorry not yet," Shiro gave a shy wave shaking his head.

"I'll be back in a few then, want me to get you some waters?" She asked and they all said yes. She walked away and everyone grabbed a menu from the end of the table.

"When does the school year end?" Lance asked curiously.

"Three weeks," Keith answered looking at his menu unamused by the company.

"Don't be rude," Shiro tapped his menu with a tsk.

"Does home schooling go all summer?" Keith sighed and tried to make conversation.

"Uh n-no, I'm done next week," lance lied quickly. "I finished my work early?"

Lotor nodded in approval for the lie.

"Did you guys figure out what to eat?" The waitress came back before they could talk about what they'd all get to eat.

"Yea," Keith set his menu down and the waitress looked at lance.

"What can I get you dear?" She asked lance.

Lotor panicked a little knowing Lance couldn't read well yet, much less read fast. He was just learning how. And not hearing what everyone else was getting? He didn't want him to get embarrassed.

"I'm sorry do you have cheese burgers?" Lance rubbed his neck nervously.

"Yes? It's first on the menu?" She raised a brow pointing.

"Right right, I forgot my glasses at home, basically blind without them," he laughed a little giving a kind smile.

"I got you honey, a cheeseburger and what side? We got fries, steam veggies, chips," the waitress listed for him.

"Just fries please, and two cheese burgers," lance nodded happily.

"Do you just want a double cheese burger?" She offered.

"Oh yes! Two of those please!" Lance clasped his hands together beaming.

"O...Kay... and you hun?" She looked at Allura after writing lances order down. They all went to order one at a time and she got everyone written down on her note pad. She gave weird looks when Allura and Lotor also ordered a larger amount of food for themselves.

"Athletes," the waitress hugged a little impressed at the food they'd eat.

"You guys eat that much all the time?" Keith whistled a little also noticing. Lotor looked at Shiro to cover for them.