XXI

Five men in black suits walked through the highschool as students moved out of the way seeing they were either going to keep walking or walk over them. A gun on each of their hips as they knew exactly where to go.

A man knocked on a door as students passed by behind them.

"It's lunch! Go away!" 

He opened the door anyways and saw the teacher eating left overs with a glare.

"Dr. Brooke," the man narrowed his eyes at the science teacher.

"Ah shit, I'm just a teacher now, what do you and your devil lab want? Close the door," Dakota waved them into the classroom and had the door closed.

"What?" He huffed.

"Your little experiment escaped, and the two main projects, where are they Brooke?" The man sneered down at him as Dakota ate his noodles.

"The kid escaped? I doubt that he's alive then," Dakota scoffed rolling his eyes.

"He had help from Axca, project royals, he's a deadly weapon that killed on the way out, they all are, do not underestimate them," the man set his gun on the counter as Dakota didn't seem affected.

"Why? Are they after me or something?" He slurped his noodles.

"Where are they Dakota? 739? Where is he? 501 and 502? Where are the experiments?" The man slammed his hands on the counter getting angry.

"Why would I know?!" Dakota finally raised his voice back.

"They all knew your soft spot for 739! You wouldn't let that freak die in there like the others!" He barked back at the scientist.

"I made my choice to leave that lab including everyone inside it, I haven't seen 739 in four years, and I thought I wouldn't see any of you pricks either," Dakota stood up but all the men pointed their guns at him.

"I don't know shit about the escape, I didn't even know there was a break out, so leave me out of it, I don't want anything to do with those freaks or the ones in lab coats," he looked in the man's eyes as he reached for his own gun under the counter.

They waited hearing the bell go off but Dakota didn't move, kept his eyes on the agent.

"My students are going to be here soon, get out," he said in a low tone sitting back down at his desk.

"We'll keep an eye on you Dakota Brooke," the agent scoffed putting his gun away and motioned the men to follow him out.

Dakota waited for them to leave and closed the door behind the men, he covered his face with shaking hands as he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Lance escaped. Lotor, Allura, Lance all escaped.

A small laugh escaped his own lips and leaned back in his chair quietly laughing.

"You did it mijo, You crazy son of a bitch," Dakota smiled softly. He wasn't dead. That kid he raised in the labs was still alive. And he was free.

He grabbed his phone and sent a text to a friend as students pooled into his classroom, anxious not knowing if his phone was being watched or tracked as well.

DB: I need you to come to my place after I'm done with work, I need you to find someone.

-

Dakota paced around his living room as soon as he got to his little apartment that he lived alone in. He even left the school early unable to waste time.

Constantly checking his watch he waited for someone to knock on his door. The idea of the security of the labs to follow him home made the scientist feel nauseous.