VIII

"Hey Allura," shiro waved as he walked up to the two after school as Allura was at her locket talking to her 'brother'.

"Shiro, hi," Allura smiled back friendly as Lotor raised an eye brow.

"My brother and friends were going to go out after school, you guys wanna come?" Shiro asked as keith walked over and narrowed his eyes at Lotor.

"We can't, Lance will get worried if we're not home soon," Allura laughed awkwardly.

"Just bring him along?" Keith raised a brow confused.

"That's not necessary," Lotor told them calmly.

"Allura you can go, I'll go home, be back before five," he looked at her calmly but Allura frowned.

"We don't leave each other alone," she said sternly. They all went quiet as the two brothers didn't understand.

"U-um I mean we don't have a phone so we can't or shouldn't," she sent Lotor a small glare and he pursed her lips nodding.

"Lance barely can tell time, he'll be fine," Allura waved him off and smiled at the boys. "Sure we'll come,"

"Oh sweet the twins are coming?" A girl with messy brown hair ran up and held onto Keith's arm as she was as tall as his shoulder.

"Guess so," Keith shrugged.

"Allura are you sure you don't at least wanna stop by to let him know?" Lotor grabbed her arm with narrowed eyes.

"He won't know the difference," she sent him a glare back.

Lotor pursed his lips as he stayed quiet, Allura nodded determined and joined the group of friends but gasped bumping into a teacher.

"Sorry," she apologized as the teacher was taken by surprise.

"Be careful," he scoffed scratching his scruff on his neck.

"We will mr. Brooke," pidge laughed nervously pulling Allura along as the teacher walked into his glass room checking his phone.

"Don't worry, mr. Brooke is a senior teacher for science, you don't have to deal with him till next year," shiro told them under his breath.

"What's wrong with him?" Lotor asked frowning.

"He's a grouch, just how he is," pidge smirked as they walked out of the school together. Lotor couldn't help but get a feeling of something in his gut that felt wrong.

——

"Lance we're home!" Allura opened the door as she went to the kitchen to get dinner started as Lotor pulled his shoes off.

But the house was quiet.

"Lance?" Allura called confused.

Lotor bit his lip going up stairs and checked to see if their youngest was asleep in bed but his room looked untouched.

"Lance?" Lotors eyes widen slightly checking the others room. Fear shot down his spine.

"Allura he's not in his room," Lotor ran down the stairs as she checked the other rooms as well.

"W-What? He's not suppose to leave the house!" She cried out grabbing her jacket frantically.

"Lance!" Lotor shouted throwing the back door open but froze seeing the boy laying on the ground.

"You bastard!" Lotor grabbed him as lance gasped awake at the sudden movement. Lotor felt lance slam his elbow into his jaw as lance scrambled back.