V

"Who are they?" A five year old boy pointed at a group of older people that were eating lunch at tables as a man in a white coat walked around the boy, holding his hand as the boy wore a white hospital gown that went to his knees and behind him two wings popped out.

"Those are other scientists, some are volunteers," the man knelt down as he had black hair with icy pale blue eyes again and pale skin, keeping a hand on his shoulder and one holding the smaller hand.

"To make us feel better right?" The tan boy with bright blue eyes smiled back at him.

"That's it kiddo," the man ruffled his hair as the boy smiled softly.

"Then how come there aren't any other kids here..? Am I the only one sick still?" The child asked as the man got up and they continued to walk.

"No, when you turn six you get to meet them, your just a little behind I think," the man told him with a shrug as he scratched his stubbly jaw.

"Dakota, what are you doing out with 739?" A woman with grey hair gasped walking to them.

"It's cool, he broke his fever and needs the exercise, he's still a kid," Dakota snorted rolling his eyes.

"And this is still your job and it is what makes the money," she pointed at the boy, he grabbed dakotas hand with both of his small ones.

"He should be sooner joining the others on the royal project if he succeeds," she crossed her arms glaring.

"I'm doing my job, 092 is my responsibility and he will succeed," Dakota nodded gripping the child's hand back.

"Then get out of here before I resign you," the old woman glared as Dakota walked out of the lobby with the child and went through doors.

"Papa I don't get why you call me by my numbers," the boy looked at the six digits on his arm sadly.

"Just cause your sick lance, doesn't mean everyone will be nice," Dakota sighed getting to Lances level.

"Can we leave...?" Lance teared up and Dakota panicked with wide eyes.

"No no no crying or you know what happens when you cry?" Dakota teared up and stuck his bottom lip out, making lance giggle a little.

"Your face leaks too," he smiled at the man and Dakota wiped under lances eyes.

"I wish i could take you home mijo, but your a smart kid so I don't think I need to tell you again..." Dakota pursed his lips smiling sadly.

"Cause your not my real papa, I know Kota," lance looked down sad but Dakota picked him up and lance leaned against him as the man scratched between Lances wings met on his shoulder blades. Lance wrapped his small arms around his neck and hummed happily against him.

"Just cause we're not blood mijo, doesn't mean I don't love you any less, I'm not Hispanic but I still call you mijo for a reason," Dakota kissed the side of his head gently.

"What's hispanic?" Lance asked quietly.

"Lance your Hispanic.."

"Oh.."

"Youll learn when your older," Dakota smiled as he chuckled under his breath.

"If your not that then, why do you call me mijo?" Lance asked confused now, starting to feel tired.

"When I was young and had time on my hands, before I worked here I use to volunteer in South America, I learned Spanish as my second language and lived in Mexico, Venezuela, and Cuba until I was 26, and I like the way mijo sounds," Dakota smiled explaining but felt something wet run down the back of his shirt, lifting his head a little seeing lance drooling in his sleep. Lance always fell asleep during his shit story time.

"My number one listener," Dakota smiled as he held the five year old in his arms but saw some other scientists walking over with other tests subjects.

"Dr. Brooke, what are you doing with 092?" A man raised an eye brow as an experiment was behind him with a metal collar around its neck.

"It May be gaining a fever again, passed out when I tried getting it to exercise," Dakota lied easily as he held lance close.

"Those damn avian experiments are a waste of money and medical equipment, they keep getting sick, two more died this morning, the royal experiment is going downhill," the doctor said and Dakota nodded pursing his lips.

"092 is my responsibility, I'm not letting this one die," Dakota narrowed his eyes at him.

"That one needs a collar soon, older they get more rebellious they can become," the doctor scoffed as Dakota walked away finally.

"A collar won't touch him while I'm still here," he scoffed under his breath as lance stayed asleep.

Lance sat at the counter staring at the yellow telephone book as he tried reading the title to himself.

"You know those are probably outdated," Allura walked past him.

"Yea but doesn't mean I can't try knowing actual human names, I know Lotor and Allura aren't normal," lance smiled at her sarcastically.

"Ha ha we have accents so we can say we're european," Allura hummed sarcastically.

"But at least you got to choose your name, I'm surprised it's relatively normal," she smiled with a smirk as she grabbed some yogurt from the fridge.

"Yea, might've just been some name from the hospital I heard," lance shrugged.

"Yea makes sense," Allura nodded as lance flipped to a random page with names.

"Uh..um..." lance didn't even know how to start off the word as Lotor walked in grabbing an apple.

"We're going to be late for school," Lotor told Allura calmly as he bit into the apple.

"Harris Victor Law Office," Lotor pointed out and lance growled annoyed putting his head down.

"Don't go outside and don't answer the door, we'll see you later," Allura kissed Lances head sweetly as she ran out the door and Lotor followed her silently, looking at lance slightly concerned as the youngest didn't bother to raise his head.

"Don't eat anything in the freezer," Lotor told him before leaving the room and lance heard the door close and lock when they left.

He looked at the book only understanding the numbers were phone numbers but he didn't understand the words.

"Dakota Brooke, where are you old man?" Lance whispered to himself flipping the pages.