VII

"Level completed,"

A seven year old girl panted brushing her white hair out of her face as she looked over at another white haired boy near her as he had his arms crossed over his small chest shyly.

"See I told you I could do it," she smirked at the other boy.

"It didn't seem that hard.." he mumbled quietly but they looked to the side as Dakota entered the room with six year old lance behind him, looking around curiously on the training deck.

"Hagar, Alfor do you mind if I use this deck? This is 092 and he's reached the age that he can start training properly," Dakota smiled brightly as lance was hiding behind him but peaked at the other children.

"Isn't he part of the ill batch?" Hagar glared a little at lance.

"Yes ma'am but he has had perfect health in the last three months, no fevers, la-092 has done very well," Dakota smiled proudly and lance smiled back happy with himself. He kept glancing at the other children as he knew they were another rank than him, they were part of another batch of what they are, the white hair gave it away.

"Allura, Lotor, would you mind coming here?" Alfor smiled at the children. Allura smiled as she ran over and Lotor walked back as he glanced at the younger boy.

"How come they get to use their real names?" Lance raised an eye brow.

"They're both children of the two main scientists of here," Dakota explained quietly.

"So bud, we're going to get you some real training," he knelt to Lances height. "Shake em out,"

Lance shook his shoulders a little and his wings extended behind them as he rolled his shoulders to release the tension of them folded against his body, he had brown wings that turned to a dark brown on the edges with black spots giving them a pattern of a Ferruginous Hawk.

"Are they like me?" Lance looked over at the kids but gasped softly seeing Allura had white wings and Lotor had black.

"Yea, if you past some more tests they get to be your friends," Dakota smiled up at him as he was still on one knee.

"But lance, when that happens, you stick with them, they will be all you have when I'm not around, because your like them," Dakota whispered for only lance to hear.

"Like how we're partners papa?" Lance asked softly.

"Exactly," Dakota raised his hand and stuck out his pinky.

"They're your team, family, you look out for family," he chuckled as lance smiled hooking his pinky with dakotas and they both made a kissy sound, making lance giggle.

"Alright let's start your training," Dakota stood up with a louder voice.

"092 get in position," he called backing up as lance stood there with an innocent look on his face. But his feet shuffled to a wider stance while his arms stayed limp at his sides, though his guard was up.

"Begin,"

"I'm home aloooooone~" lance sat on the table as he loudly strummed a guitar.

"I technically don't have to wear paaaaaaants!" He strummed again.

"So why am I wearing shooooorts?!" He groaned and stopped the guitar.

He looked around and sighed rolling his eyes.

"Alexa play my favorite song!" Lance gasped getting excited.

Suddenly a song came on and lance mimicked the lines with his fingers dancing across the strings. He watched his fingers with a serious look as he remembered movies and videos that showed him how to make music, loving the movie coco the most from the inspiration. But he learned more songs and even tried doing it on his own. He had all the time in the world while no one was home.

"I should get a pet," lance mumbled to himself as he spoke his mind out loud but didn't notice it.

"I never had a dog, but if we're on the move... but a cat would be the same..." he pursed his lips. "But they can fit in backpacks but so do small dogs,"

"I should get a cat!" He raised a finger in the air.

"How do I get a cat..." lance set the guitar down and looked outside.

No going outside. That was a rule. Allura would be mad if he left and got seen or caught.

But what if he didn't get caught..

Lance smirked getting up and opened the door feeling the breeze of fresh air, smirking he closed the door behind him and sat in the grass. This was okay, it was out of the house.

He walked out feeling the grass against his feet as there were tree tops across the land as they lived on top of a hill to avoid society. He enjoyed it, he never seen trees before six months ago. But for years they've been trapped in white walls with the smell of chemicals, barely knowing anything else than to train as weapons and go on missions. It was the only reason they existed, even if he was on a level lower then Allura and Lotor, it's what they were made to be.

But it didn't mean they didn't feel human at times.

Lance watched the birds above get to fly freely, while he was suppose to sit and wait for the next time they run. The last place they only lasted four months at, the one before was three weeks, but before they decided to settle somewhere they just ran without knowing what home was.

And honestly, lance still didn't know what it was.

He just wished Dakota was still here..