XV

Lotor woke up feeling something warm against him in his bed, he blinked confused and saw Lance with both his pillows. Both of them were sleeping on their stomachs and wings sprawled out against each other. Which took up half of the room with Lotors massive wing stretched out completely.

"Lance wake up," he grumbled elbowing him lightly but lance whined pushing his face on the pillows.

"Why are You in my bed?" Lotor peaked an eye open at him.

"I had a nightmare," lance mumbled in the pillow as if it was normal.

Lotor hummed understanding and closed his eyes again. It wasn't odd to find Allura or lance in his bed, or another bed, sometimes they all end up sleeping in the same bed. He draped his wing on lance and the younger avian pushed at him tiredly.

Lance yawned pushing himself up and sat in the bed with his legs crossed and hands in his lap. He blinked the sleep from his eyes and looked at the window seeing the sun.

"Was it a bad one? I knew that movie was bad idea," Lotor slid his hands under his chin to look up at the other.

"It just freaks me out sometimes, we've been through stuff like that kinda and people watch it as entertainment," lance rubbed his eyes and yawned again.

"And Shiro being like us, kinda," he looked down at Lotor.

"What do we do now?" He asked.

"I don't know, tell Allura first but don't trust so easily lance, I saw You had hope for our future," Lotor sighed rolling on his side to face lance.

"If Shiro can, why can't we?" Lance pursed his lips.

"They think he died, they know we're alive," Lotor told him quietly and lance looked back out the window.

"I want to cook, help me?" Lance asked as he scooted out the bed and his bare feet touched the ground.

"Yea I'll help," Lotor nodded rolling to get up from the bed as well. He walked over and adjusted lances baggy shirt a bit to help hide his wings as lance waited with a soft smile. Without another word they both headed downstairs.

"Can we make waffles? I want strawberries with mine," lance walked backwards to look at Lotor while they walked to the kitchen.

"Sure, I'll get the measurements for you," Lotor nodded putting his hair in a low messy bun.

"Morning boys," Allura was cooking breakfast for her friends.

"Oh everyone's awake," Lance gulped a little stopping as Keith had his head down on the counter.

"I'll make coffee," Lotor said calmly but was disappointed by having company.

Lance sat on the counter and watched everyone join them in the kitchen. Lotor handed him a cup of coffee with the creamer they had, they both looked annoyed a little but lance shrugged it off.

"We can another day," lance told him softly with a smile.

"I didn't know we were going to be a hotel," Lotor smirked sarcastically leaning against the counter.

"I didn't know I couldn't be comfortable in my own home," lance whispered in his ear with a pout.

"What do you mean?" Lotor asked looking at him and ignoring the others that were talking with their sister.

"I want to stretch and relax," lance said flatly. Lotor smiled to himself and looked outside.

"I'm sure they'll be gone soon enough," he nodded.

They in fact were not gone soon enough.

They stayed. The entire day. And Allura couldn't be happier as she was smiling and laughing and everyone was having a good time. Except lance and Lotor.

"Are your brothers going to come out of their rooms?" Hunk asked concerned a little as they were waiting for Pidge and Shiro to set up a game system on the tv.

"I don't know, I wish they did," Allura sighed standing next to Pidge and Shiro, watching and memorizing how they worked with technology so she could learn.

"I think Allura wants us to go back?" Lance laid on Lotors bed with a childrens book trying to write as Lotor was reading.

"I'm not," Lotor had his shirt off with his wings spread out from being crammed in his shirt all day.

"That Keith guy is a dickhead," lance stuck his tongue out.

"And I'm not sure if Allura knows about Shiro," Lotor agreed.

"Hey can you check my book?" Lance sat up and held the book out for the taller teen.

Lotor went over and sat on the bed with him. He could feel lances warmth without even touching him, he could smell lances scent somehow but it was fresh like the forest, like the air when it was going to rain. He was very strict with his routine to stay clean, showering daily and washing his face, learning about how to make his skin feel nice. Lotor wondered who would've taught lance about that kind of stuff or if he was so observant to figure it out himself.

"I think it looks great, maybe tomorrow You can write on normal paper to make sentences, youll be reading soon," Lotor told him calmly and lance smiled brightly with excitement.

"Ugh im so bored now, I don't like being cooped up in my own room," lance flopped on his back dramatically.

"It's my room," Lotor looked down at him.

"Your room is boring," he grinned deviously.

Lotor hummed and leaned against the wall to look out the window above his bed.

"Did you ever think we'd get out of the labs?" Lotor asked quietly.

"No," lance didn't really think and just answered.

"Really?" Lotor was surprised by that.

"No, I thought if I died it would definitely be there, and I didn't think I'd live to my full life span," he nodded honestly with his hand under his head.

"That's a little morbid," Lotor blinked at the thoughts that run through his head.

"Is it? Are we being optimistic then?" Lance smiled back at him.

"We can," he nodded.

"I mean, then I guess I always hoped to live like this if we got out, like a family, just to enjoy life and not.. not fight all the time, I don't like fighting," lance rolled onto his stomach as he bumped against Lotors leg in the process.

"Your avian genetics aren't the Alluras," Lotor nodded understanding, when the scientists made both of their batches they added something to see what was successful and what was not. So they weren't pure avian like Allura was.

Allura was the first successful batch, then with that they made what makes Lotor with something else no one could figure out, and many others were made again and again and lance came around as another success. But there was hundreds of others, not just the three of them.

"Know what's weird?" Lance looked up at him with laugh.

"Normal kids probably don't know how to load and unload a gun within five seconds, or how to silently kill someone, but here we are trying to be a little normal..." lance laughed but there was no real humor that followed.

"I know we won't be normal but it's nice having peace," he sighed moving to rest his head on Lotors lap.

"It is nice," Lotor smiled gently down at him, the sun was directly on lances face as his dark skin seemed more golden now, his freckles shimmered across his nose and a few of his scars popped. It was almost like art.

"Do you think they left yet?" Lance made a face sticking his tongue out. 

"God I hope so,"